Need betting advice

J

jumper77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to poker, only been playing a few months and only play online. I try to play "tight aggressive" but I have an issue with betting. I fold pre-flop a lot and try to play with the best cards.

The problem is this... when I first start playing I do good and win some money. But after a while, everyone folds even when I have a small bet.

Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?
I would appreciate any advice or reply.

thanks...

daveman640

daveman640

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi! I think you have a very good strategy. You should take advantage of the situation and bluff a little to collect the blinds.

J

jumper77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the reply and advice. I will try to do what you said for sure!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
posting some hand examples will get you the best responses. otherwise, you're going to get very general answers.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight aggressive is not bad overall by any means but don't think of it as something you should strive for but think of it as an end result to playing well. I mean that you should still be playing your opponents and not your cards all the time. If you are at a table that you think is folding to you too much then you can open lighter. Reverse is true if you are at a loose table and you don't want to throw chips around with them. It is better to play exploitatively then to have a mindset where you only want to play the top 15% or so of hands. Be observant of the table you are on and if you feel they are folding too much then bet more. If you feel they call too much then bet less and have stronger hands when you do bet. I think this will alleviate what you are talking about.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example "They're maniacal." but there is a reason of becoming that It gets such tactics.

It's difficult to fall into a tilt and....

And even if it's done, the result isn't so so bad.

The cool tactics which swam with the tide seemingly see TIGHT AGGRESIVE, but it isn't also so actually.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting no action is a fine outcome, unless you have a really premium hand like QQ-AA. This is especially the case in tournaments, where stealing the blinds and antes become really important, as blinds go up.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars