Multi Tabling - Good Move?

MrAceBoogie

MrAceBoogie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a happy balance between being able to spot and take advantage of all the bluffs and value opportunities, and maximizing volume.

I've noticed that I get bored playing less than two tables, and it being harder to play optimally with anything more than six. Still working on it!

What do you think? :confused:

Cheers :beerglass

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I find 4-6 optimum. I don't go past 8 and under 3 I tend to drift and loose concentration easily.

I make an adjustment for speed and #of players on table. If playing turbo/hyper, 6 max and below I do not go over 4 tables.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 4-5 tables are the best option. If you play more tables, then the concentration is lost and time is lost for decision making.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Usually I play at the same time no more than 2-3 tables. If I try to play more tables, it is hard for me to focus and I am starting to make mistakes.
Good luck.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, two or three tables are just right. More-the results will be bad.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in general your focus should be increased when you play one or two tables generating more results which should be enough to not make you bored

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in the same boat. I typically play the Micro's, and rely on my HUD for most of my reads. There really isnt any way to keep reads on players without it when you are multi tabling.... another note, when i get to the point where I cant remember my previous action after moving around tables between moves. I know at that point I have too many tables open.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you feel you can play 6 tables well , you should stick with that for a while . Personally I lose concentration at 4 , but my PC and my ability might be less than yours . But I think it is best to stay with what you are comfortable with and move forward slowly . I feel rushing things will only lead to loses . Good luck with the progress of your game .

A

ashley8276

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi tabeling

I never get too many tables open at a time because your always going back and forth and it really gets me to make too many poker mistakes like misclicking my bets and so forth.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been running one cash game and one MTT while getting back into poker, anymore than two and I've been getting flustered and end up rushing my decisions.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just gotta keep experimenting until you find the sweet spot where you have enough tables to make good decisions and not get bored and start playing marginal hands out of curiosity.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do you guys that are playing four tables cash? Also, when you cash are you down to one table or are you still playing 4 tables. Cash or MTT?

MrAceBoogie

MrAceBoogie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the replies. Great stuff. I tried this out today. Opened up one table at a time, every 10 minutes until I felt like I was starting to miss some BB vs BTN spots where I was just giving up to too many BTN raises. I closed down a table once I started to notice this and I found that 5 tables was where I felt the most aware. It sucks it’s an odd number because I’m a nit about that kind of stuff lol. Anyways I thought it was a good start to figuring this one out.

Cheers
:beerglass ;)

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you use software. Or you will loose focus.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing at multiple tables

How many poker tables you can play poker at the same time?

I can play a maximum of 4 tables without disturbing me

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To take the tedium of playing 1 screen only, I play a high buyin screen.

But only with time and also with the help of statistical programs (jivaro) to perfect your reading by playing on more than 6 screens.

In the beginning it is normal for you to make erroneous plays by playing with more than 6 screens simultaneously.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, two tables are just right. Don't need anymore.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find 2-3 optimum. I have played up to 6 however it effected my ROI

G

gameboy2014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think It depends on the time limit. Maybe 4 if Its normal. 3 with turbo and 2 with hyper turbo

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi tabling and number of tables depends on the person. I can effectively play 4 tables any more for me is a negative. Others only play 1 and yet others play like 26.

So it's all in what you can effectively play and that's trial and error.

You may be able to do more as you get used to it.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play only one table whenever I play a serious tournament and I want to be fully focused in order to be able to read better my opponents or exploit them in some critical spots otherwise I like multitabling. One tabling online is a little boring for me , 2-4 tables are the optimum number. 6+ tables I feel that I am losing some spots because I play mainly on my laptop screen.

I think you should try the # of the tables you are able to play your A game without struggling after a while. You can add tables, one per time , I feel that multitabling is a skill which can be built up only through experience and patience.

Cheers :beerglass

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, in my case I find it boring to play one or two tables and I think my game weakens there. The best thing for me is to play with 4 tables, dividing the screen into 4 to be able to pay attention to each movement in all sectors. regards

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It may also depend on your screen size. I cannot play more than 4 tables or they would look like reading the list of ingredients on a medicine bottle. Also, you should not play different games on different screens...gets too confusing.

MrAceBoogie

MrAceBoogie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steady profits at 25NL 6 Max with 5 tables, win rate goes down slightly with 6 tables. I’m going to try to add one table per month and see how it goes.

Cheers

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing two or three tables I can not focus on the players and myself