The most stupid thing you have done related to poker bankroll?

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine: I had 105$ and tried a 100$ spin and go. The multiplier was 4 and heads up lost with equal stacks allin my pocket tens lost to k7 two sevens on board... However playing a 100$ spin is really stupid when you have only 105. Whats yours?

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try spending 3 hrs to win 100 then lose it on a live bet in 10 sec

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost everything what I have done so far is stupid think.
:):):):)
hope I can learn a bit to improve.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember my mistakes right now, but the biggest mistake is sitting down playing poker with alcohol!

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was really stupid to play a $100 spin when the bankroll is only $105.. You had to play the Maximus spin for $1 then it would be a reasonable distribution of the pot!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
win with efford, and lose in one game...

T

thackro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I have to pick just one of the many stupid moves I have made is regards to bankroll management? When I was younger I would buy in a game that I barely had enough to get in, had no back-up and would almost always end up going broke which meant back to a real job to re-build my bankroll. Money management is a skill that is essential to long term success.

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play PLO cash games after drinking alcohol...

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The most stupid thing I have done, was playing a Omaha cash game without first reading the rules.

Prior to online poker, I had played a lot of Five Card Draw. When I first started playing online, I found the major game was Texas Hold’em and I had the good sense to read the rules before playing. In my early online days, I mostly played cash games and the odd Sit and Go.

The day in question, I logged in to play another Texas Hold’em cash game, but a spur of the moment decision, decided to have a look at Omaha. The very first hand, I lost my entire buy-in, when my “straight flush” was beaten by a full house. What the hell (or something like that) I uttered. A quick check of the rules and I realised I could only use two hole cards.

That put me off Omaha for a long time, but now days, I prefer playing it over Hold’em.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also spin to go, but in a few bets with $ 30 and all.Then you just think you're an idiot...

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Entering a cash game with 70% of my bankroll. But came out much richer :D Also spin n goes. They are stupid by themselves.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grinded a few bucks to $40 an entered in a 10k guarantee for $40. Lost about 30 players from the money. I am horrible at bankroll management. The next time I get a bankroll I'm not doing anything dumb. (This is the 100th time I've said this)

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided to play cash games with a small bankroll and I played out of my limit. Lost it all in a matter of days. I'm a tournament player and need to stay away from cash games for now.

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine: I had 105$ and tried a 100$ spin and go. The multiplier was 4 and heads up lost with equal stacks allin my pocket tens lost to k7 two sevens on board... However playing a 100$ spin is really stupid when you have only 105. Whats yours?
ya mine is playing my whole stack in 1 poker NLcash game that was just plain idiotic!!!

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't remember my mistakes right now, but the biggest mistake is sitting down playing poker with alcohol!
on alcohol i either come out super rich or dead broke theres no in between!!!!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The rules of the bankroll are understandably written by smart players not for you. So I got a lesson. It is better to learn from other people's mistakes.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sat hours stuffed stack, and then in the end for 5 minutes lost in the middle hands. BUT this in the future goes as lesson

P

patfreed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing above the limit I am rolled for. Hard thing to overcome unfortunately.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh there are just so many. Grinding up a bankroll over the span of a few months only to lose it after a night of drinking (done that too may times to count). Also, the roulette wheel has been known to wipe out a bankroll or two as well...:mad:

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes same old bonfire lol:)

18l4893ezecw2jpg.jpg

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Blow it off...how silly!!! and I've done it SOOO many times too

Last edited:
bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Built up my bankroll to almost 1,500$. Got drunk one night and decided to play Blackjack over on Bovada. Lost about a grand in less then an hour.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management