The most difficult component of poker

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is it for you? For me - discipline and patience are the hardest things in this game. I am a very emotional person, I don’t like losing, therefore it is very difficult to control myself. Tilt affects the frequency of my correct decisions.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to the points you mentioned, I believe that most of the problems are related to the expectation created by the result and this is tragic.

We need to focus on studying and trying to make the best decisions, even if it makes us have a coinflip and fall out of the tournament, it's normal.

Try to hone your technical knowledge to control your mindset!

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are several components and factors in poker being online or live, online poker requires more attention because most of the time you are playing at several tables of fun tournaments that can stress and cause you to lose a lot, since the live requires patience because the game is more time consuming, if you stress because it is not boosting your chips this can take the focus and you can eat crazy to give all in with any card, but poker itself is a sport of the mind where your best decisions are going to take to a high level, a good poker book some movies and of course some poker courses may be essential for a good future in poker.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the most difficult component of poker is to maintain concentration after hours of play, many times the fatigue leads me to make bad decisions.
Greetings and good luck

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In poker there are many important components that directly influence the good performance of the game ... You mentioned two ... patience and emotions. I totally agree with you and I think the most difficult thing is to control the emotions ... the great players play poker without emotion ... like a stone ... and that's not easy ...!

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience is a virtue

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most difficult part of poker is to understand why the odds work crooked! The situation when you go with 88 in all-in against AQo and lose-you get upset, but accept-understanding the odds, and after 10 minutes you go all - in with AKs against 27o and lose again! And if it is repeated from tournament to tournament-here already you start freaking out and playing stupidly - and all the same you lose!!! That's the hard part about poker!

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is it for you? For me - discipline and patience are the hardest things in this game. I am a very emotional person, I don’t like losing, therefore it is very difficult to control myself. Tilt affects the frequency of my correct decisions.

Very good question!

Same issues for me. I think I am a very sensitive person who recognizes small changes in mood, health and other areas.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not c-betting. I always overshoot and end up getting too committed. Maybe because in lower stakes people just don't fold, so it's not worth it to try and bluff.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult component of poker

For me concentrating on playing, observing on multiple tables while multitasking, but improving that by problem solving.

Last edited:
ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to the points you mentioned, I believe that most of the problems are related to the expectation created by the result and this is tragic.

We need to focus on studying and trying to make the best decisions, even if it makes us have a coinflip and fall out of the tournament, it's normal.

Try to hone your technical knowledge to control your mindset!

Well said. I think whatever people name as the most difficult component of poker for them, _this_ will be the key. Because almost all of our faults happen because of lack of patience and focusing on result and prize pool instead of much more important things which are not very visible at the moment, but extremely help us to study and improve our game.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with all been said, especially for me, is to deal with people making all-in with 72,10-4, not even suited, not because i'm leaving the game, but mostly because those wannabes are not there to play poker, they're only there to gamble like a slot machine.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Put your opponent in a range and narrow it down based on his decision pre / post flop and your cards you hold!

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never had the patience. By nature, I'm a gambler. In poker, patience is essential.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the more we play poker, the more emotionally we get rougher. So play more and get used to the beats.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding hands that you know you are beat but you gotta be a station because thats the way it is, lol

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that the patience and the ability to have resilience to variance and adversity.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline and patience is most important part of poker.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing I can't control

I agree with you BUT I have control over those things, not anyone else. So those are things that I can work on and get better at over time.

For me, the most difficult component of poker are the bingo players. That is something that I have NO CONTROL off and no matter how much I study and refine my style of play there will still be bingo players at any given time. Especially until I build my bankroll up enough to play 'low' and 'medium' buy-ins vs. freerolls and 'micro' buy-ins.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most impotant for me is concentration, overcome boredom.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy is the most important.
A good player has strategies for the whole game, such as organization, architecture and design of the goals pursued.

This is all part of a learning process that can be achieved, some take longer and some less, until completely assimilated.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most difficult component of poker is timing your play with when your gonna be lucky.

bingo

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me the most difficult thing in poker is to stay calm after 2-3 coolers a row =) I thing that tilt is something that can't be controlled. I saw many players at the my table who was chipleader for 2-3 hours and then pushed out for 4-5 hands. several times this person was I =)