More Rookie Than I Knew!

O

OUTCAST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well after playing poker for years (obviously the wrong way) I decided to do a little more studying on the subject. I love browsing through the forums here on Card Chat especially if it has anything at all to do with making me a better player. On one of my browsing sprees recently I came across the banner offering the free 30 day course. At first I thought "Nah I've been playing for years, I don't need some course to teach me what I already know".
I went ahead and passed it up several times but after a few "bad beats" and "low hand whoopins" I decided I better take a look. I devoured the intro and the first day of the first week and low and behold this old dog learned a trick or two. I cant wait to gorge myself with the rest of the series and I might do the whole course several times! Thank You Cards Chat for this absolutely priceless gift!

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good that you took a great course, many times you think you know more than the others and is wrong, I consider that this forum is one of the best forums, that there is worldwide, you took the indicated platform I hope you improve much, and I I hope to win my first prize here in the first places. !!!!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well after playing poker for years (obviously the wrong way) I decided to do a little more studying on the subject. I love browsing through the forums here on Card Chat especially if it has anything at all to do with making me a better player. On one of my browsing sprees recently I came across the banner offering the free 30 day course. At first I thought "Nah I've been playing for years, I don't need some course to teach me what I already know". I went ahead and passed it up several times but after a few "bad beats" and "low hand whoopins" I decided I better take a look. I devoured the intro and the first day of the first week and low and behold this old dog learned a trick or two. I cant wait to gorge myself with the rest of the series and I might do the whole course several times! Thank You Cards Chat for this absolutely priceless gift!

hi hi outcast!! :ciao:
yes yes is marvellous course
is a great leak fixer
is so wonderful it all free, that amazing after i spend so much monies on poker books, programs, courses, videos, software
this FREE course help me better than all that overpriced stuff
is so many awesome poker resources cardschat provides to us

blond.jpg

jirasuonna

jirasuonna

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read multiple books, tons of forum time, online training course, and about 70% goes over my head. I thought the 30 day course was going to a waste for me too, but lo and behold there was new material in there, and some material that I had seen before, but wasn't ready for at the time.

Every time I learn something new, I get more confused and bogged down than before. My win rate goes up, but so does my anxiety.

Good on you for taking the plunge! May the odds forever be in your favor! Unless you are against me that is. I'll settle for suck-outs though; I'm not proud.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you always learn

I start playing with friends, then online, so I am continually learning, I see a lot of professionals, I read articles of all kinds, I think that everything is useful to add experience, it is better to play many hours and see game situations also works!

C

Clayton727

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning! cool friend ... my best online results are when I'm in no hurry, and very calm, but online games are challenging and despite everything we still have to count on luck! (do you know any books you can refer me?) thanks

C

Clayton727

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good morning friend how are you? truth .....

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30 days the course was very good, I looked through several classes, everything is accessible and understandable. I found out a few new things, I advise everyone to take this course.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After canceling Hold'em Manager in some rooms, has your game worsened or not?

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cancel Hud

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good that he opened his mind and tried to study more! getting knowledge is always good!

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
This course is not that great though. Try Upswing or RYE or RIO.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for sharing your experience in the course. I personally have yet to do a course and like you, feel like I have been playing cards long enough to where it is not necessary. After reading your description and ease during the course, maybe it would be a great idea to try it out. It is not going to hurt so why not right?! And like you again, I have experienced many bad beats but I mainly think it is just part of the game. The truth is though, if the course is able to improve my game and make me a better player for the rest of my life, it might be time to try it if I plan on playing for the rest of my life.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just watched a well known pokerstars mtt pro go through a coaching session and completely stumble in a number of spots when asked about lines they decided to take.

seeing a pokerstars pro that has made millions playing mtts be humble enough to know that even they need coaching to improve their game just shows that everyone has room to improve, even if you've been playing for years.

O

OUTCAST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
?

Its hard to say. It seems like the more I play the better a lot my opponents get.

O

OUTCAST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for sharing your experience in the course. I personally have yet to do a course and like you, feel like I have been playing cards long enough to where it is not necessary. After reading your description and ease during the course, maybe it would be a great idea to try it out. It is not going to hurt so why not right?! And like you again, I have experienced many bad beats but I mainly think it is just part of the game. The truth is though, if the course is able to improve my game and make me a better player for the rest of my life, it might be time to try it if I plan on playing for the rest of my life.
Believe me my friend it is worth the time. It really showed me where I was making a lot of rookie mistakes.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not read this topic yet. From the fact that you so exalt it, I will definitely read everything. I need any poker course right now