Momentum during the game

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During a game when Hero is dealt many good starting hands (JJ+, AJ+) in a row and raises each time opponents seem to call (or raise) with lighter hands. Let us say that Hero gets 6 good hands in a row that he can raise with.

What are some strategies for Hero ride the momentum and collect more chips without getting into trouble?

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play your normal game...if your on a heater and opponents are calling lighter then i would adjust my opening sizes up.....i want to get the most with my good cards they simply dont come along often enough.

remember you want your opponent to adjust and play less optimally...what a better way to do it when getting good starting hands than looking like your stealing lol

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If in early stage of MTT, I would play all of these 3.5 BB raise, and if there are too many LAG players - I would push up all-in some of them.

This is something we are all looking for, but the coin has two sides, so in very limited cases - we may go out playing like this :)

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nice thing about having strong made hands is that you can see how your opponents react to certain sizing and lines without risking much. Use this to your advantage and do the same lines with your bluffs. You don't want to be bluffing that often, but knowing when your opponent folded previously is valuable information.

Top 10 Games