Mindblowing Poker

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New book “Mindblowing Poker” is now available – on Amazon.

I am concerned that poker is slowly killing itself – by becoming closer to a ‘solved’ game, with each iteration we make a short-term gain but the long-term bigger picture is the death of poker. The book’s got new ideas to take on the best GTO players.

This is a book every poker player needs to read. I have gone under cover here (“Professor Poker”) in order to truly open up about my strategies, and the state of poker. I’m prepared for the controversy – but these messages need to be heard.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New book “Mindblowing Poker” is now available – on Amazon.

I am concerned that poker is slowly killing itself – by becoming closer to a ‘solved’ game, with each iteration we make a short-term gain but the long-term bigger picture is the death of poker. The book’s got new ideas to take on the best GTO players.

This is a book every poker player needs to read. I have gone under cover here (“Professor Poker”) in order to truly open up about my strategies, and the state of poker. I’m prepared for the controversy – but these messages need to be heard.
I can tell you this, the players that have played forever at local card rooms have still never heard of GTO and do not care to learn it, there will always be poker players that do not invest time and energy to learn the game..you can’t really apply GTO online with these overseas sites anyways, the algos are built for action for the most part, so there goes that lol.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can tell you this, the players that have played forever at local card rooms have still never heard of GTO and do not care to learn it, there will always be poker players that do not invest time and energy to learn the game..

Agreed ^

you can’t really apply GTO online with these overseas sites anyways, the algos are built for action for the most part, so there goes that lol.

Agree with the first part but this last part is truly laughable

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pray for the day poker is "solved" and all players play GTO. Then I can simply play exploitative and become a millionaire!

The reality is that most people don't even understand pot odds. And this is frustrating as hell.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournament algos are a bit different, which is why I play them:)

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I want my mind blown. I might need it later.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t want to make a point in detail because it lowers my chances of winning lol.

You've 'solved' the 'rigging for action' and you don't want to give your secret away? Mmmkay.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You've 'solved' the 'rigging for action' and you don't want to give your secret away? Mmmkay.
I didn’t say I solved it, I just see it. And not every site is the same.

laifstaile

laifstaile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u cant solve "gambling" playing....
sometimes 37 donk takes down 3way pot so...in low/micro stakes....
when buy ins go up then gto goes more relevant....

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gto is relevant if you are playing against other people playing gto. otherwise you need to exploit those who are not

Absolutely right - that's a key philosophy from the book. In fact, the book breaks down the game so that firstly, we try to avoid playing the best players. It has suggestions on how to work out who is strong and who is weak (even online). When we play weaker players it has tools to crush them. When we are forced to play the strongest players, it has tools to disrupt their GTO game.

So all in all, this book will definitely have something to help you, and I would recommend purchasing on Amazon!

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy to take any other questions on the book if anyone has any :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Happy to take any other questions on the book if anyone has any :)

Is your book only available on amazon dot com? (I couldn't find it on dot CA)

Is it only available in paperback format?

I'm interested in reading it (am a HUGE fan of poker books) but not sure what is the easiest way for me to find a copy?

fwiw, I think you need something like 15 posts to be able to send private messages. If you're able to hit 15 posts, I'd like to be able to message you if possible.

Also, thanks for posting here about your book. Nevermind the rigtards, they come with the territory of bein' predominantly a freeroll forum.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting description of the book, I hope its essence is the same. Books on poker are never superfluous, it is always interesting to know the thoughts and views of the author, after reading the book you will definitely not lose anything, I think.:)

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is your book only available on amazon dot com? (I couldn't find it on dot CA)

Is it only available in paperback format?

I'm interested in reading it (am a HUGE fan of poker books) but not sure what is the easiest way for me to find a copy?

fwiw, I think you need something like 15 posts to be able to send private messages. If you're able to hit 15 posts, I'd like to be able to message you if possible.

Also, thanks for posting here about your book. Nevermind the rigtards, they come with the territory of bein' predominantly a freeroll forum.

Thanks - I'll try to up my posts as wasn't aware of that rule. The book should be available on .CA - (link removed) has one in stock - hope posting links is ok.

It is currently only a paperback - may look at some other formats if there is strong demand for them, but was advised by some other authors that most poker books are predominantly paperbacks even now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The book should be available on .CA - (link removed) has one in stock - hope posting links is ok.

It is currently only a paperback - may look at some other formats if there is strong demand for them, but was advised by some other authors that most poker books are predominantly paperbacks even now.

I bought the one on .CA (there was only 1 book available). It should be here sometime between Oct.4th-9th. I'm looking forward to it! I'm going away on the 9th and can take it with me. :)

I think many people are purchasing poker books in e-format these days. Most of my recent ones are on my tablet. I do like paperback poker books though for sure and probably prefer them but the others are convenient (& you get them immediately after purchasing, lol)

Good luck on sales of your new book. I'll be trying to guess who you are while I'm reading it. ;)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha ha ha... no kidding. ... mind blowing!
Hey there guess what? I FINALLY saw a wheel!!! An A2345, can you believe it!?? Thousands and thousands of hands and have seen 10 royal flushes and quads 40 times, but I finally got a chance to see a wheel in an overseas game! Mind blowing! Btw I made 220 dollars not playing poker off 5 bucks, but playing the algos. Mind blowing I know.
See ya at the tables slick

Last edited:
P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this thread changed course!

I bought the one on .CA (there was only 1 book available). It should be here sometime between Oct.4th-9th. I'm looking forward to it! I'm going away on the 9th and can take it with me. :)

I think many people are purchasing poker books in e-format these days. Most of my recent ones are on my tablet. I do like paperback poker books though for sure and probably prefer them but the others are convenient (& you get them immediately after purchasing, lol)

Good luck on sales of your new book. I'll be trying to guess who you are while I'm reading it. ;)

Ah that's interesting, I may look to try and get it on Kindle etc - although I don't like how much power Amazon has as it is!

Post count should be up to 15 now too

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow this thread changed course!

LoL no kidding eh. WOW! lol.

Hopefully we can get it back on track here.

Amazon says my book should be here between the 4th & 9th which is before I go on a trip (to a funeral :( ). Really hoping to bring your book with me as I'm certain I'll have lots of time on my hands while away.

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LoL no kidding eh. WOW! lol.

Hopefully we can get it back on track here.

Amazon says my book should be here between the 4th & 9th which is before I go on a trip (to a funeral :( ). Really hoping to bring your book with me as I'm certain I'll have lots of time on my hands while away.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it will be with you in time, dispatch times seem to have been good so far at least in the US and UK.

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so in reality

In reality unless you can be playing a tournament where 100% of the players are playing gto I don't think solved is accurate.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it will be with you in time, dispatch times seem to have been good so far at least in the US and UK.

Actually this is fairly decent delivery speed for where I live & I am quite content with the wait (I live in the interior of British Columbia, in a rural area in the mountains). I just hope I have it before Oct.9th as I'm taking a trip & will have lots of spare time for reading.