Min. Buy-in to lose the Bingo Players?

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am interested in people's opinion of what buy-in is needed to weed out all of those super loose folks who go all in with nothing. Certainly, you never seem to get rid of them completely; but at what point do most of them go away? (If ever)

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you want to lose those players? Theyre easy money

Don't play sheriff and call them off wide, let someone else play sheriff and then take their chips from them

Zhendos

Zhendos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most often such headless also win a coin

Dunc8b

Dunc8b

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. But if the cut-off is about $11 it looks like I'll be swimming with them for a while longer :(

They can be a source of chips if you avoid the all-ins and let others do the challenging. My theory is that there is always time later when hopefully all these have either been knocked out or have enough chips that they start to either protect their stack or play a better game than bingo.

That theory still has some work to be done on it regarding my game though :D

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it! Thanks for the responses, they are all helpful.

L

Leslie Barnfather

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you register for the tournament 15-20 minutes after it starts, a lot of these players have gone out and you can start playing your usual range without people going all-in with any 2 cards. This does not get rid of all of them and I have seen people register just before registration closes and go all-in first couple of hands and get lucky.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not play much online tournaments yet, but mostly i start around 11$ or so. You can always find this kind of people in way higher buy-in tourneys, but there always will be someone who tends to bluff very often :)
Althrough IMHO I think these players should not be avoided too much, it´s just easy money for you if you stick to the tight-aggresive style and use it agains somebody who you certainly know is mostly going bingo :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. You don't want to get rid of bad players.

2. What makes you think you can beat the good players at higher stakes if you can't even beat the bad ones at the lower stakes?

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first 20 minutes of the game if they're not lucky !!!

M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the game I guess?

1/3 nl game these players are a dream come true they are your atm sir. Buy in max 300 and pick up ak or kk and just call em and tell em goodnight.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1/3 nl game these players are a dream come true they are your atm sir. Buy in max 300 and pick up ak or kk and just call em and tell em goodnight.

I would disagree fully with this post, if you stack them you are going to pay full rake with out the potential of winning a real stack. Generally they are rake feeders and nothing more, a lot of short stackers= no one is going to win in a live game LONG TERM.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not let them go away.
all you have to do is value value value betting.
it is big edge and easy chips.

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol.what the problem.. if they go all in with nothing u can just call with something :cool:

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you register for the tournament 15-20 minutes after it starts, a lot of these players have gone out and you can start playing your usual range without people going all-in with any 2 cards. This does not get rid of all of them and I have seen people register just before registration closes and go all-in first couple of hands and get lucky.

Hey man, I agree with the first part but those who registers at the end of late regs are just a strategy for huge BR. I never had such a BR but have even had a few twitches broadcasting where they used it.

The main point here, and I'm used to play with those, is be very very nit until a late stage of the game.. do not engage huge pots w/o the nuts, that will give you enough room to play until a further stage of the game where all the idiot ones have gone..

Wisdom by a Fish! hehehe