Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all
I have $10 dollars on Stars
PLAN play the 1.08 50/50

what do I need to move up to the 5.40 fifty.fity

the reason for choosing these is a very low variance wich is definitely required with such a small roll.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you are doing these on the 10 BI rule than you would need 50 bucks to move to the 5s. However those will be somewhat harder I would suggest at least 20 BIs for that.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. Well at least im doulbled got a long way to go yet.
So now at twenty. That is ALOT of games at this level. Just playing to cash no doing great but not doing to bad. Got a couple of real bad beats but what can you expect at this level.

intiekkeko

intiekkeko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you have the right strategy for building your roll on stars

stick to trying to get above 10 BI's for the $5's and dont make the mistake of trying to jump a step to revive some losses it works sometimes but more often than not bites you in the ass

inti

P

pol_92121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for move up your level you should have about 50 bb of new level...when you have to decrese your level? when you have about 20 bb of the level you are plying..that's in my opinion

SwiftDesire

SwiftDesire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for move up your level you should have about 50 BI of new level...when you have to decrese your level? when you have about 20 BI of the level you are plying..that's in my opinion

FYP

Also I think this's nitty BRM for this level, but what do I know.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hovering at the 20 bi level

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hovering at the 20 bi level

If you are running a decent ROI and winrate and you feel confident in your game, split the difference. Move up at 30 BI's. If you drop to 25, move down again until you get enough gusto to make another stab at it.

If you are successful at the higher level, stay there till you have 50BI's.

In essence you will move out of the micro level faster, but won't jump too big too fast and lose all your hard earned winnings.

And for what it's worth, I'm really nitty with my BR. I play with minimum 40BI's. Usually stick to 50-60+ at each level. :eek:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi all
I have $10 dollars on Stars
PLAN play the 1.08 50/50

what do I need to move up to the 5.40 fifty.fity

the reason for choosing these is a very low variance wich is definitely required with such a small roll.

Why not just add more & more tables?

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all for the great advice. Small roll had huge downswing...down to 80 cents played the cash tables and came back to original buy in of 10 dollars. got to give it a break. WHAT A RUSH.. obviously my game is getting a little bit better to be playing break even. Now playing exclusively on PS

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for the great advice. Small roll had huge downswing...down to 80 cents played the cash tables and came back to original buy in of 10 dollars. got to give it a break. WHAT A RUSH.. obviously my game is getting a little bit better to be playing break even. Now playing exclusively on PS

This isn't surprising. I've not tried these fifty fifty games but they don't seem very profitable to me in the long run, even if you cashed in 70% of them you would struggle to make any good profits. Even cashing at 100% which is impossible you wouldn't be really making "much" profit in the long haul.

I think your best option now you have a $10.00 BR again is to grind out as many 0.25 cent 45/90 man SnG's... I did this when I dropped to about $7.00 and managed build back up. I wouldn't bother with cash games at this point either. Any 0.25 game *maybe* even he 0.10 360mans but they are just shove fests and I think you should stick to the 0.25cents.

If you continue to play the fifty fifty games then I wish you the best of luck either way! :)

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't surprising. I've not tried these fifty fifty games but they don't seem very profitable to me in the long run, even if you cashed in 70% of them you would struggle to make any good profits. Even cashing at 100% which is impossible you wouldn't be really making "much" profit in the long haul.

I think your best option now you have a $10.00 BR again is to grind out as many 0.25 cent 45/90 man SnG's... I did this when I dropped to about $7.00 and managed build back up. I wouldn't bother with cash games at this point either. Any 0.25 game *maybe* even he 0.10 360mans but they are just shove fests and I think you should stick to the 0.25cents.

If you continue to play the fifty fifty games then I wish you the best of luck either way! :)

I agree with most of this. The 50-50s are new but still they reward agression to a certain degree and agression against players who will not fold isnt really good for these games with your roll.

Also the 25c games and the 55c ones are rake free which is a great reason to play them on such a small roll.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
occasionally playing the 25c 90 man tournaments because of the zero rake only if have the time.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been working really hard on my game. Found a few major problems. Probably got lots more .. corrected some and have started moving from a loosing player to at least break even. That is way better still lot's of room for improvement. Moved to the 1.75 sng's the fee is a bit high as it is 1.50 +.25 but that is all that the bank roll will allow at the moment.
GL All

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go for mtt's myself. I know a lot of people on here will say "too much variance in them big tourneys" and stuff like that but when you entering tournaments with very small buy ins your only chance to win some actual money to get a roll going is mtt's.

If I was you I would play .50 cents tourney's with the playing field being anywhere from 50-200. I won 6 bucks off CC freeroll on Carbon about 2 months ago and playing about mtt's only has turned that into what I have now on there which is about $180, but the mtt's are softer on Carbon than PS I would say.

Whatever you decide to do GL!

E

engman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should wait until you have around 20 buy ins of 5.4 before moving up to it or you'll eventually lose your money if you don't give yourself a safety blanket.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8 bubbles in a row.. there goes the bank roll completely ...was ahead in all hands but got out drawn so the moral is have more Buy Ins.

won 2c on a freeroll at Stars
played a hyper turbo barely ITM for 10c
bought into a 360player MTT sng
took 3rd br moved back up to $4.00 this is an interesting month so far.
got a ticket to play in $10+1 Satellite to the Sunday Million -IF get to the Sunday Million and take it down gonna give the car to a relative.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management