Measuring bb/100 in Tournaments

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is bb/100 winrate still applicable in tournaments? I'm not sure how to handle increasing blinds when it comes to bb/100. I've heard about EV bb/100 but don't know anything about how to calculate that.

If for example the tournament starts with 1/2 blinds, and then they are increased to 2/4; would every 4 I win count as 2bb won or as 1bb won?

And subsequently if the blinds are raised to 3/6, does every 6 won count as 3bb won? Or 1bb won?

What's a good way of measuring tournament performance in the long run?

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB/100 isn't applicable to tournament play because you can't cash out whenever you like for the chips in front of you. Plus, you don't buy-in for the chip stack set in front of you (very rarely I should say). The best way to measure success in tournaments is ROI. (cash out vs cash in).

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're trying to know during the tournament what's your stack health, you should always consider the blinds as they are. If you have less than 30bb, you're in the danger zone.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I meant to ask is there a way of measuring winrate in tournaments similar to how bb/100 is used in cash games.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB/100 isn't applicable to tournament play because you can't cash out whenever you like for the chips in front of you. Plus, you don't buy-in for the chip stack set in front of you (very rarely I should say). The best way to measure success in tournaments is ROI. (cash out vs cash in).
Hey I missed your reply for some reason. Thanks for explaining. This is what I was looking for.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BB/100 is not a good metric for tourneys, ROI and $/hr are much more informative stats.