Mathematics in poker

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I really like mathematics, I wanted to know if there are books or articles that deal precisely with mathematics directly related to poker?

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mathematics of poker assumes, as in other areas of knowledge, a certain pattern of occurrence of certain combinations. Based on probability theory. Alternatively, you can calculate your hand based on your starting cards. Of course, poker math is not that hard to master; as experienced players say, it is enough to know the basics of this seemingly complex science. HOW NOT TO LOSE IN POKER ?! At the end of the article, I want to add that poker is the deepest game, possibly more difficult than chess. Thus, poker is much richer than the rather simple strategy that I am telling you about. But as you put the various tips you've read into practice, be sure to first think about their applicability to your gaming environment. Always choose whether the tables are short or long. About cash games or tournaments. Therefore, remember that you cannot cross a bulldog with a rhino. Books: 1 "Simple Mathematics in Poker".
2 "Poker for Beginners" Author: Roman Shaposhnikov. Year: 2009
3 "Poker. Course of Texas Hold'em "Authors: Roman Shaposhnikov, Sergey Kolykhma. Year: 2008

Please be sure to quote correctly:
Davletkhanov R.N. Mathematical methods as the basis of poker strategy.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The classic here is The Mathematics of Poker by Bill Chen. It's not an easy read though :)

Doug Zare and I wrote The Math of Hold 'Em which is meant to be more accessible. Other good ones are Theory of Poker by Sklansky and Owen Gaines' Poker Math that Matters.