Making it as my change of career?

Played JJJax

Played JJJax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing since 2007 recreationally, not being serious about it. most of my friends calls me whenever they are planning to have a home game. I even created my own poker clan "BLINDDRAGON" as what we call it. I always felt nervous and afraid whenever we joined a tournament but the first time i took home a prize was when i won a small tourney where i placed 3rd and took home the prize. I also won my own tournament that i hosted before and now as I sum it all up i felt that its a chance that i have to change it into a new career of mine. as long as i get enough training and from various poker sites.

what do you guys think?

:jd4: :jd4: :jd4:

ivkeeeeee

ivkeeeeee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my sugesty

My suggestion for you since you're a beginner to open an account at 888poker or fulltit poker percent that has fewer players and slowly you start to Learning, as opposed to de pokerstars has many more players and where there are very good players is not very good for beginners. my suggestion is 888poker full tilt poker

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i recommend you keep it a hobby until you earning CONSISTANTLY more from poker than from your job.
at least 1 year straight or even more.

poker is a deceiving "Career choise"

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep your career man. Poker is just fun while is a not a job. Once, you have an obligation to win, poker is no longer a healthy thing.

C

clarence crumpet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep your career man. Poker is just fun while is a not a job. Once, you have an obligation to win, poker is no longer a healthy thing.
Wise words! I think when it is your livelihood, it would lose some of the "fun"asepct from it for sure.

T

Thenextbigthing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep your job and just play part time intill you have good records and a very large bankroll.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i won 1000$ in a cash game on PokerStars in one day I was so encouraged and thought of making 30k$ per month this way :) sweet dreams LOL
Poker can be cruel - downstreaks can beat you bad
To think about poker as a career - you need to build a good bankroll and have some money for living. You have to win consistantly for 6months-1 year, then you can think of becoming a pro.
IMHO
goodluck

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't recommend to quit your job for been a professional player ,you should try test yourself and you will see after several months if you can do it proffesionaly...so good luck!!

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, welcome to CC. I don't know what stakes you will be playing at, but I do know that if you are not playing at least $100nl and winning a lot, you won't make it as a career. Poker goes up and down so much, it's really hard to make a living from it. Even Ivey is in the hole so far this year. I'm retired and I have time to play a lot, and I would be happy if I could cashout $200 a month. Maybe I could if I could move up a level, but my BR won't let me. So like has been said by everyone, keep your job and play poker as a fun hobby. And if you can cash out once a month, more power to you. GL to you whatever you deceide.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99% of people who try to go pro fail, so just know it's basically like doing a degree the amount of work you need to put into it. You need alot of things to go your way to end up playing for a living, especially now since it just keeps getting harder to find fish.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play mtts you need at least 200x BI to ensure sustainability.