Luck vs skill

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately things haven't been easy at the tables, but I know it's just a phase.
But in relation to the post, have you sometimes wondered that "luck" predominates in some situations about skill at the tables both for and against?

Good luck at the tables!

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happens is the variance in short periods of time, but if you are making correct moves with good equities and + ev, in the long run skill will always overcome luck.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think luck is prevalent in every hand of poker played. Someone has good luck and someone has bad luck. Of course, in poker, we call these probabilities. This is a way to define it and distance ourselves from the mystical thing called luck.

We have good luck when we have AA. But isn't it bad luck when we get no callers with our 3vv open and simply win the blinds in level 1 of a tournament?

We have good luck when we flop 2 pair. And we have bad luck when our opponent runner runners a straight with his 85off.

Luck, uh, I mean probability, plays a part in 100% of the hands we play. Poker skill is the ability to manage luck to a certain degree, so that we capitalize more when we have some good luck, and minimize it when we don't.

Good Luck and God Bless

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The thing is you should not think of it as luck. So many people will talk about the luck factor but forget that things are more complicated that that or just dont really understand the math of the game.

Yes if you get pocket Queens in vs AKs you are hoping they hold as 55% favorites is part of the luck of the game but we need to remember its a long term aspect of the game we need to think of. We always remember this getting cracked and being bad luck but forget all the time we run into AJo and we are winning over 70% of the time or we run into pocket 8's and we are over 80% favorites.

Don't worry about the luck of it all, learn the skills of the game and luck will not be a long term issue.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is also important factor of poker. But luck is not a special meaning. It's just odds that I can't control. So, in short period luck is luck, so you can't control it at all. But in long term you can manage it. The key point to deal with luck is managing it, not to try conquering it.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to trust my skills and have a little luck in one hand or another from time to time.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah. I trust my luck more than my skill anytime. Yesterday I got a QT to get me into the money and today I could not count on my skill of betting AK and having a good amount of chips to work with to keep me in the tournament.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As one great man once said, "everything is relative" and even more so in poker. But what is certain is that skills increase your chances of winning in the long run.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is you should not think of it as luck. So many people will talk about the luck factor but forget that things are more complicated that that or just dont really understand the math of the game.

Yes if you get pocket Queens in vs AKs you are hoping they hold as 55% favorites is part of the luck of the game but we need to remember its a long term aspect of the game we need to think of. We always remember this getting cracked and being bad luck but forget all the time we run into AJo and we are winning over 70% of the time or we run into pocket 8's and we are over 80% favorites.

Don't worry about the luck of it all, learn the skills of the game and luck will not be a long term issue.

Thanks bro. You are always precise in your words

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one will ever tell you that poker is easy. In fact, it is one of the most challenging games in the world that few can handle. This is why only about 5% of players win at poker.
It should be so.
In poker, someone always has to lose for you to win. And all these people lose because they do not understand the true nature of this game.
And the fact remains: poker is ultimately a game that requires skill, not luck. And the top players who win year after year are a vivid confirmation of this.
The main idea in poker is to constantly use your strategic and psychological advantage over opponents, and then you will inevitably win. And where to take advantage is up to you!

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happens is the variance in short periods of time, but if you are making correct moves with good equities and + ev, in the long run skill will always overcome luck.

I wanted to say exactly the same :D
Easy answer here

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally skill prevails over luck , that's why having skill will make you a winning player , but only lucky , luck will run out eventually . Online it's more than skll or good poker knowledge , like having the same analytical tools that other players use , to choose tables , games with edge , info and data , remember betting patterns , specific hands how to play them , very good low blinds shove fold strategy . And study the RNG , lol .

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that I do not like to see them one in front of the other, I would combine them in all cases

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

Poker is both about luck but also about experience:):):)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Without a doubt, skill predominates in the long term, a good player can have a bad session but in a long time the skill will give him good results and thus he can obtain benefits.