Losing with pocket Aces (Bet Online Poker)

S

SinnX507

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I been playing on bet online alot lately and almost everytime I get a pocket Aces and go all in before the flop and I always end up losing to someone that has a lower pocket that catches something. Anyone else losing with them aces too? Maybe I shouldn't go all in blind? Any suggestions?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no need to shove pre-flop every time AA shows. Sometimes everyone will fold and you have wasted an opportunity to chip up. Often you will be called by AK ans find yourself facing a straight. Big stacks might call you with suited broadway cards or just suited connectors and take you out with a flush. So it's not just pairs that will call and, obviously AA is not an automatic win. So, try a raise instead of a shove. Post flop you have chance to decide if your play will lead to a shove or you can simply make a continuation bet to draw your opponent in further. If you get re-raised now you have at least left the door open to fold if you really think your opponent hit the board with a winning hand.

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

Pocket aces win 85% of the time against one opponent holding the random hand in Texas Holdem. Although the percentage varies greatly depending on the opponent’s hand and the number of opponents. 85% is the odds to win when AA goes all-in preflop. I suggest you get a tracker before you go crazy. Secially if your constantly depositing . data doesn't lie . Good luck

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that I have to play pocket aces the same way I would pocket KK or QQ. Going all in from the start more often than not ends up with somebody winning that started out with 2 n 7 offsuit or such. BEEEEEE CAREFULLLLLLL !!!!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't go all in pre-flop every time you get AA. :)

You would need to post more specifics about the hand situation to get more specific advice.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is a couple to be treated like other couples of even lower rank
this pair is best played in a measured way, based on information about the table and players
..this is especially true for multi-way pots, when the chance of losing with this hand is higher than in other situations.
... in general, losing your AA hand is common in poker

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no suggestion for avoiding bad board runouts. Its basically like asking, how you can avoid rolling a dice 6 times and get an outcome like 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 1. The answer is, you cant. However if you continue to roll the dice 60, 600 or even 6.000 times, then eventually the actual outcome will tend to move closer to the statistical mean with each number coming out around 1/6 of the time. And this is also the case in poker.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no suggestion for avoiding bad board runouts. Its basically like asking, how you can avoid rolling a dice 6 times and get an outcome like 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 1. The answer is, you cant. However if you continue to roll the dice 60, 600 or even 6.000 times, then eventually the actual outcome will tend to move closer to the statistical mean with each number coming out around 1/6 of the time. And this is also the case in poker.
it was interesting to read this opinion and think
whatever one may say, but life is our game
and the best wins and the one who lost each of his rounds let him learn this simple mathematics your chance is one of tens or hundreds of steps[emoji870]

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just variance, but you can still play that hand differently, not just put everything preflop

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In case it's a consolation, a pair of AA in hand A 8 8 on the flop, I go all-in and lose with a straight flush

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go in slow with pocket AA now been burnt to many times an nobody goes all in, so I make more money slow raising

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I been playing on bet online alot lately and almost everytime I get a pocket Aces and go all in before the flop and I always end up losing to someone that has a lower pocket that catches something. Anyone else losing with them aces too? Maybe I shouldn't go all in blind? Any suggestions?

Hi There

You should keep on calling allin with pocket AA
DEfinetely 80 pct of the time you will win
But as there fishes in the ocean once in while you will loose
Go on with yr game
Rgds

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no you shoudnt

you should go allin if you are in early position with maybe about 20bb and lower depending also how deep you are in the tournament and also if how many player are in the hand

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just hope you werent waiting too long blinding down for those magically aces LOL!