Looking for some advice for my poker // (Goal 100,000 hands with profit)

A

Andreas g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Sorry for my eng, hope you can understand it anyway =)

Ive been playing poker for a year and a half and ive always been a loosing player.
Mostly playing for fun.

I have decided that i want to try to play 100,000-200,000 hands with my best play and see if i can make it out alive.

Im using a hud, im playing nl2 zoom.
Here are some stats.

Start bankroll: 8$
Current bankroll: 20$
Current hands played: 17 157
bb/100 = 0,84
Vpip = 13,3
pfr = 9,85
(yes my bankroll is small but i will play it untill i loose all and then deposit another 10 if im motivated.)

My main knowledge come from blackrain79's youtube channel and books and xflixx youtube channel.

So here is my strategy right now:

* play very tight, i try to isolate fish or calling stations.

* look for positions were im almost 100% on that i have the better hand and the other player is a calling station.

*Look for positions to value bet as much as i can.

Thats my "safe" strategy.

So what is the next step im working on?

* need to open more hands from cutoff and button

* need to 3bet and defend more from blinds and button.

Theses 2 steps is something im adding slowly to my game, usually when im up abit in a session, just playing around with it trying to get the feeling of it.

So this is what i can think of right now to post, if somone wants to help me out abit it would be great. Maybe i'll get a sessions on youtube or i can post some hands here.
Maybe my top 5 hands and my 5 worst hands?

Take care and good luck at the tables!

/ AG

T

TheSaintSergios

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The strategy seems ok, but bankroll management is an issue, especially if you are a losing/break even player. You can end up broke because of variance no matter how you play, I would suggest to start with a bankroll of 50$ min and stick to your strategy. Also I think you should stay away of zoom tables and play more traditional poker.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing Zoon, it's a problem for your bankroll !! Flee this colleague, your strategy is very good, in the long run you have everything to take profits, and if you can deposit another 10 dollars if you lose everything now, why not deposit 50 dollars or 100 dollars, is work bankroll management since already..

A

Andreas g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So here is my result of 30-35 thousand hands.

https://ibb.co/gYq8z6

This variance or bad beats are really hard to deal with. I guess thats the most common issue to why ppl give up or are loosing players in general.

I think i had 10-15 pocket aces, all got folded to pre flop or on the flop. 2 or 3 got to showdown and end up loosiong against sets or flushes on the river =)

I wil continue grinding with the same strategy and we will see if i survive to 100 000 hands or not.

Im still playing zoom tables cause i can get good volume from it, tried to mulit table 10 tables but i lost my strategy when i did that not paying enough attention to spots and hands!

Current stats:
Start bankroll: 8
Current bankroll: 26,58$
Current hands played: 32600

Zoom bb/100 = - 0,20
Tables bb/100 = 12,45
Vpip = 13,3 -15
pfr = 9,85 - 11

A

Andreas g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
update

Some update,

Current bankroll: 26,58$
Current hands played: 32 160
zoom bb/100 = -0,20
Regular bb/100 = 12 (low sample)
Vpip = 13,3
pfr = 9,85

Had a peak at 50 dollars but been running bad since that.
16 pocket aces preflop, all folded to. 3 aces played runned into flush or set on river. same with kk
I guess this is what they call variance.

I will continue with the same strategy, next update will be at 50k hands!

See ya

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
suggest

I suggest you play in HOLDEN tables of 01/02 of 6 players, that will help you a lot and you would lose little in a bad day, do not play tournaments with repurchases, do not play ZOOM, because you will not be able to reach 20 minutes with a losing streak

:tomato::icon_flow

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are stepping in the right direction, stealing more blinds ect to stay alive and to not play as tight. Cards are like life, sometimes you need to play the cards your dealt. my strategy is to play any pair, any 2 face cards and stronger hands like AK, AA, KK...
But depending on position and the situation..
Remember to fold! ask yourself what could my opponent have, then analyse.

A

Andreas g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Update 50k hands.

Ok, so now ive played 50k hands.As far as i can tell im a small winner. I will post a picture of my poker graph so far, i ve divided it into 4 parts, A,B,C and D.

https://ibb.co/h3fmsR

A;
Here i was just playing around, been 1 and a half year since i played.

B;
Deciding to give it a serius try and beat the small stakes, follow a strategy and have good bankroll management.
Also made my post here for more "pressure" of performing.

C;
My first downswing or variance kick in. I can write so much about this and i think all ppl expeircnce this. The most frustrating part was that i counted it to 15-20 pocket aces that either got folded to pre flop or on the flop, or the fish got lucky and hit their draws and sets -.-.
I really got tested hard here and was thinking of quiting many times.
I also tried multi table, and a looser style but i didnt work out for me. Maybe i will try it again when i have a bigger bankroll cause i think there is money to be maid on it.

D;
So here im playing tighter then ive ever played and folding alot if i think im beat. I dont win big pots but i win and dont loose and that is the point, right? xD

Next update will be at 75k Hands. Hopefully i will get to 100k hands alive :O

Stay tuned.

And here are my current stats.

Current bankroll: 39 ,58$
Current hands played: 49,946
zoom bb/100 = 1,12
Regular bb/100 = 6 (10k hands)
Vpip = 13,3
pfr = 9,85

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, so now ive played 50k hands.As far as i can tell im a small winner. I will post a picture of my poker graph so far, i ve divided it into 4 parts, A,B,C and D.

https://ibb.co/h3fmsR

A;
Here i was just playing around, been 1 and a half year since i played.

B;
Deciding to give it a serius try and beat the small stakes, follow a strategy and have good bankroll management.
Also made my post here for more "pressure" of performing.

C;
My first downswing or variance kick in. I can write so much about this and i think all ppl expeircnce this. The most frustrating part was that i counted it to 15-20 pocket aces that either got folded to pre flop or on the flop, or the fish got lucky and hit their draws and sets -.-.
I really got tested hard here and was thinking of quiting many times.
I also tried multi table, and a looser style but i didnt work out for me. Maybe i will try it again when i have a bigger bankroll cause i think there is money to be maid on it.

D;
So here im playing tighter then ive ever played and folding alot if i think im beat. I dont win big pots but i win and dont loose and that is the point, right? xD

Next update will be at 75k Hands. Hopefully i will get to 100k hands alive :O

Stay tuned.

And here are my current stats.

Current bankroll: 39 ,58$
Current hands played: 49,946
zoom bb/100 = 1,12
Regular bb/100 = 6 (10k hands)
Vpip = 13,3
pfr = 9,85
Interesting, good effort. I'm considering something like this to show my bankroll

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are really running fast with respect to your initial bankroll. Your speed will make you hurt somewhere in the long run.

A

Andreas g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Brandlad !

What do you mean by running fast?

I can ad that i cut down my volyme abit and Will focus on increasing my BB/100 instead.

I Will play 2 regular and 2 zoom.
I Will Also have sesssions when i only play 2 zoom for education/experimental purpose.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking good. Good luck!

I don't like the idea of mixing regular and zoom especially at 2NL lvl. Too different. Also you might give strong though for 6max already.

Last edited:
A

Andreas g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I played 65k hands now and my stats from 2nl are.

Current bankroll: 55$
Current hands played: 65,000
zoom bb/100 = 2,36
Regular bb/100 = 4,26 (14k hands)
Vpip = 13,3
pfr = 9,85

I have now decided to try 5nl So i deposited some cash and my bankroll is now on 178$.

I will give it a try and maybe i will post here in the future.

How have my game changed since my first post?

* I steal blinds more effectivly

* I value bet more better

* Im more willing to go all in against fish then before ( easier to recognize fish by typicall betting patterns, hud stats and on how many bb's they got

* I started to 4bet preflop to steal from SB and BB

AND HERE IS MY BIGGEST ADVICE TO EARN MONEY

*DONT LOOSE. -And by that i mean you dont have to win every pot, so when some fish or jerk raises you on the turn and the board looks ugly... FOLD. only take the spots where its easy money. (you have the nuts)

or if you are unsure, check it down or try to keep the pot small.

I found a good site that have the same thinking that i have wich is very helpful, i think its called bestpokercoaching and i can really advice it if you are struggling with micros and want to improve.

Thats about it, im a little afraid of 5nl cause i dont want to be the player that move up and get tilted and loose his whole bankroll :S

But i try it for fun and we will see.

Good luck at the tables!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands