Long tournaments,* endure sitting?

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to deal with tournaments that long? What are you doing? Do you sit or lie down? I was already tired after 4-5 hours. My friend began to play a tournament at midnight. I went to sleep and in the morning when I woke up he was still playing the same tournament. I could not believe it! :eek: He played a full 10 hours. How do you deal with that?:(

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music helps,i cant play poker without music and i can say helps my game ,not to get boring or something,and before i start a tournaments session i need to be sure that i`m not tired and 100 % focus and available for the next 10-14 hours

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be focused and energized. If there is a big one you should prepare yourself. Eat well, sleep well. You don't want to find yourself at a final table hardly resisting from sleeping on your pc. Once I played a tourney and decided to close my eyes for a second. I woke up 30 minutes later with a few chips.

heroinsnattaren

heroinsnattaren

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat well sleep well before the tournament and eat snacks and drink water during the tournament. Maybe some coffee but water and food is better in the long run. Another thing is you will get better at playing long tournaments the more you practice and it will become easier for you.

R

rakesh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be calm and normal. But make sure you run your algorithm for each and every hand just the same way without getting broke. Also, you can use some motivation music which really helps you a lot. I have recorded myself something called as poker motivation what i should be doing every hand to which i keep listening when i sense that im losing focus on my tournament

Rakesh,

" Poker is an absolute Karma - What you do, will get back at you "

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to play a long tournament you need to have a good perseverance and endurance. drink coffee, listen to music but at the same time be focused.

D

Dagano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I do these things sometimes I'm still unfocused/tired after 5-6 hours of play....... :(

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Сoffee, lots of coffee will help you..

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coffee will keep me awake, but what about the back? Maybe some maser helpful? :cool:

bracadelija

bracadelija

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scientifically speaking about all the best for the concentration of a break of half an hour so that when you feel fatigue get up from the table that allowed a break of half an hour, so continue. Of course if you chip bank allows it.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay hydrated, take ibuprofen, get up from table and take brief walk BEFORE feeling fatigued, energy snacks at break, listen to music, stay engaged in every hand (looking for tells, playing nuances).

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go into the tournament KNOWING that you might be there for 5 to 8 hrs (depending on type and number of entrants). Many people enter a tournament, and normally get knocked out after a couple of hours. Then, when they do make it to hour 4, it is past their normal bedtime, and they wonder why they are tired and not playing well.

M

mihaitsa83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
choccolate guys, glucoz is the best food for brains and it contains coffeine too

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
interesting for me is easy am used to going a few hours just to get to money. So play 5 or so events now daily at winning poker network all these events are this time frame if im going to final table. So am used to it and gen play 10 or more hours a day using 5-6 rooms or softwares for US PLAY

Will say playing a real event? A lot more difficult and boring here can go online chat talk to people take a half hour walk lol

Play more than one game live a whole nother fish:)

Live you got to wait and wait and wait and wait haha.

Anyway if you can last a couple days live? Somewhere? Well than online is easier. You just got to know you have the time set aside.

I go in thinking am gonna play 7 hours per event some yes are only 4 but a few with ACR or blackchip? I expect 7 a day.

I am learning though is same group same people daily:) All of that helps

keep notes get up at times rest when needed at times etc..

Sometimes card HATE right now distractions can help lol

Most of time I dont want distraction lol

Good luck

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every hour there is a 5 minute break, during this time, you can do a lot)) to lie, to make coffee, while playing you can see the movie scary or funny, holding himself thus in tone. Personally, I rest every break with a Cup of coffee and a cigarette.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
To stay focused whole 10 hours is too Long.. i know it myself it s too hard for myself as i am not night Person and the Problem in the day is i have baby kid who doesnt let me concentrate anything on Long mtt.. i guess Body Fitness and no distraction is very imp for Long and successfull mtt result. we Need to be very fit and eat good diet .. also coffee and loads of water helps in hydrating our Body .. when you drink lotts of water then you Need to go toilet , right ? lol how can we sleep then .. hehe .. ya Hydrate Body n fresh mind can Keep our mtt playing time with full of confidence

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a good advice ! i will try. When I tired Im losing cocentration and make mistake.
Stay hydrated, take ibuprofen, get up from table and take brief walk BEFORE feeling fatigued, energy snacks at break, listen to music, stay engaged in every hand (looking for tells, playing nuances).

Mark Gavr

Mark Gavr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly better to play the music as it is said, but some of it makes it difficult to enter the game, long tournaments very exhausting as he was a couple of days ago Sunday Million, it lasted like 13 hours, I think that's where the players are tired specifically

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just been talking about this myself. For some reason I have lost my patience for playing them. So my mind is negative to start with, telling me I will never make it to the end, because I will be so tired and uncomfortable. I sit here in my recliner and it gets real old for me quick. So what I'm doing is to stop playing any buy in mtt's for one week. Now that's not my forum games. I'm just going to play ring games, so I can leave or sit out for awhile when ever I want to.

P

PuckerUpChat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments that last more than 4 hours start to drag for me. I make lots of bad calls and mistakes .