Long term mistakes

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to talk a little about the long-term "mistakes" that are often made when one is starting to play, and that I have seen a lot lately in club games. Long-term errors are paying with the odds against.
One of the worst, for example, is to pay only with a gut shot. You have approximately 10% chance of hitting on the turn and the same on the flop. If you are paying a bet of 50% of the pot and if you win you will not get 500%, then you should not pay, am I right?
Much more common is the flush project. Some people are able to go all-in even for it. Well, if you put 100% of your stack to win 100% of your opponent's stack, you are losing money, because you are not going to get your flush 50% of the time.
I've also seen people defend the blind with garbage hands like 42o against OR x3 or larger. If almost all the hands that your opponent can have are better than yours and he is not giving you the odds to pay, then you should not do so.

I know this topic is explained in millions of sites, even here in the forum, and I don't intend to be a "teacher" of anything. But I see that people continue to make these mistakes and I hope that at least the members of this community can overcome it. What do you think? Am I wrong? Maybe my game is too conservative?

Naty2585

Naty2585

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are rigth about this,new player when they see they have a chance off hiting a monster hand,even a minimum chance they go afther it,they dont care how much they will louse in the long tern they only remember the times they hit it and win a hudge pot