Live tournament players

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you remember the hands you want to study and how do you go about reviewing your play?

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you remember the hands you want to study and how do you go about reviewing your play?

You can request hand histories for online tournaments.

Just have to write them down manually I guess in live.

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know but that’s a right chew on and you look pretty daft with a notepad in a £40 tournament

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know but that’s a right chew on and you look pretty daft with a notepad in a £40 tournament

If it's good enough for Johnathan Little then it should be good enough for the rest of us. He even did an article about how he takes his notes at live tournaments.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to take notes about the players;when they raise,C bet, Shove etc...

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use an App called poker bankroll tracker. I paid like 12 USD per year it is really useful.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some Apps that are available.

However - I almost never see anyone taking notes in a live tournament and I certainly never do. There is zero chance I would be able to play a tournament while trying to keep up with multiple hands to remember.

I always have a rail thread and I post basic stuff about some hands in it - but never detailed stuff - that would be way too distracting for me.

It is one thing to post brief updates - I almost need that small distraction when I play. It is quite another to make note of every detail of how a hand played out.

I have no idea how anyone could do that - and I don't think many do.

I guess younger players have better memories. :p

Organize a Home Poker Game