Literature

Alex Kim27

Alex Kim27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Advise good literature for online poker. tactics of the game. How to properly tune in to the game, how to overcome your fears? In general, everything in this plan.

Shparhalo

Shparhalo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi man. IMO it`s better to watch a gameplay by advanced players (like Daniel Negreanu, Randy Lew, Phil Ivey etc).

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try the poker forums, the books had old information and the todays games are more harder than the old ones.

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guy here it all depends on your level, my first book on MTT is Dan Harrington 3 volumes information is now obsolete but the basics of understanding can be written simply and clearly.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Advise good literature for online poker. tactics of the game. How to properly tune in to the game, how to overcome your fears? In general, everything in this plan.

Depends, depends on what are you trying to learn. We could give a better feedback if we knew what kind of game you're interested in.

Hi man. IMO it`s better to watch a gameplay by advanced players (like Daniel Negreanu, Randy Lew, Phil Ivey etc).

Bad, bad idea. While I agree Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey to be great at Live poker, they're not that good when it comes to online poker.

B

Boris from Kazan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suggest, in literature, everyone - Lee Nelson "Lets Play Poker"! Good luck!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Do not get involved in literature on the psychology of poker. You must learn to make mathematically correct decisions. This is where the path to victory lies. And when you start winning all the problems of psychology will disappear by themselves. You can be well motivated and fearless, but if you do not know how to play trivial, you will lose. :rolleyes:

B

Boris from Kazan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm afraid you are not right Andrew. Of course I understand what you mean, but in my practice there were such moments in tilte that I didn't already know which hands to play and when they do you should raise, as they were moved again and again. And only knowing a couple of books on poker helped to follow the same aggressive style from different positions, but in this case I knew that I just did everything correctly, the rest did not depend on me. With respect! Good luck!

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, depends on what are you trying to learn. We could give a better feedback if we knew what kind of game you're interested in.

Bad, bad idea. While I agree Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey to be great at Live poker, they're not that good when it comes to online poker.
I guarantee you Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey will beat 99% of online players :D

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, I would start with Harrington for tournaments. Also on focusing and tuning in to the game, don't play when you are distracted. I played very badly today as I'm so worried about Irma hitting Miami. I wasn't tuned in and that is very important.