Limp of AA in SB

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 80K/160K ante 20K villain SB holding AA completed, hero BB with K10 checked.
Flop: 10 9 5
Villain: check
hero: raise 160K
villain: re-raise 620.800K
hero: Call
turn: 7 was the second letter of diamonds villain raise: 1.279.645M
hero: call
River: 4 sword
villain: raise 2.867.295M
hero: fold.
As you analyze the play completely, from the limp of the AA villain of SB, to the fold of the hero of BB with K10...
Was correct the villain just completing the blind, was correct the hero's fold holding the top pair with an excellent kicker? I would have paid the river bet.
Good luck at the tables!

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blinds 80K/160K ante 20K villain SB holding AA completed, hero BB with K10 checked.
As you analyze the play completely, from the limp of the AA villain of SB, to the fold of the hero of BB with K10...
Was correct the villain just completing the blind, was correct the hero's fold holding the top pair with an excellent kicker? I would have paid the river bet.
Good luck at the tables!
Why only complete the SB? Why not raise? The only reason I can think of to NOT raise is if SB thought BB would raise and then SB could 3bet? Just no reason to SB limp AA that I can think of as the remainder of the hand will be played OOP.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why only complete the SB? Why not raise? The only reason I can think of to NOT raise is if SB thought BB would raise and then SB could 3bet? Just no reason to SB limp AA that I can think of as the remainder of the hand will be played OOP.

Based on GTO, limping with AA (and KK) in SB is the preferred play to balance out your SB calling range.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this holding and the villain's aggressive betting, hero should fold on the turn.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, anyone can play he’s cards how he likes. Is it smart to play AA that way, we can argue about that. If BB is aggressive, and loose player, I think that you can slow play aces and let him to hang him self, but again, opponent can hit some kind of hand that beat AA. I personally would raise AA every time, but we are not all the same.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a decision of playing range vs playing cards.

In the long run, playing your range is going to be more profitable than playing your cards explicitly.

A GTO strat would likely support limping from SB with AA, KK. (I haven't checked this, but I believe this to be accurate).

My advice is to determine what hands are in your range, and attempt to play according to your range. This means making some bets when you've missed and keeping your powder dry occasionally when you've hit.

Your actual actions as a result will still need to have some variability. If you *always* do X in situation a) and Y in situation b), you'll become a bit too predictable.

PLAY TO YOUR RANGE NOT (exclusively) TO YOUR HOLE CARDS.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no absolutely right or absolutely wrong play in poker, there is adaptations u can make in ur plays so u can exploit the most from ur opponents. So right or wrong is relative to whom u're playing against.
Sure there is the GTO (Game theory optimal), but nobody plays the GTO all the time.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation.
There are many more places to see.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

If you limp with aces, you have to be prepared to let the hand go. Limping in the small blind is especially bad because an unraised big blind is the most dangerous home in poker.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to limp at anytime with aces, you are at times you might need to lay down them. With a lot of players playing in the hand you might need to lay down, cause there will be so many more hands that could potentially beat aces. That's the only reason I would never limp in, it has happened way to many times limping with aces that they don't hold.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping in the sb with aces not sure I've done that but I get the point. I've limped countless times in early position only for no one to raise and the 2 Jack's or all one suit comes and then the 4th comes having to lay down my aces in shame for not raising

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good luck at the tables!

It will depend a lot on your evaluation and against who you are playing, if the villain who is in the bb is very aggressive, playing limp with AA, it can even be profitable, but you have to know that you are taking a serious risk.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's all I can say, when I have it in my hand, I have the biggest emotions.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
this is the answer
It depends on how aggressive is you opponent,limping AA is tricky if you aren't capable to fold it on bad boards, reaching opponent card range.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a very stack dependent question, there is a big difference between limping AA with 6BBs and 100BBs.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA pre flop

hello. I in sm would never limp against the bb if we are heads up. I would forbet and finish allin preflop

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the read you have of your opponent. Some people only limp with monsters from certain positions to disguise their hands a little better.
Keep paying attention to the game you will be able to sense these things more frequently!

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, anyone can play he’s cards how he likes. Is it smart to play AA that way, we can argue about that. If BB is aggressive, and loose player, I think that you can slow play aces and let him to hang him self, but again, opponent can hit some kind of hand that beat AA. I personally would raise AA every time, but we are not all the same.

I agree. I’ve slow played AA and lost because someone connected a straight or flush when they shouldn’t have even been playing their terrible cards in the first place if I would have raised. Lesson learned!!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never slowplay with AA, but on the contrary, I try to disperse the pot as much as possible on the preflop, of course, you can sometimes limp AA in the hope that we will trap the opponent, but more often than not, giving him the opportunity to just check and see the flop for free, we can simply strengthen him to the nuts

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I would not limp AA in the small blind. Why risk jeopardizing the pre-flop best hand after the flop?
Unless the BB is playing very aggressively. Then I would eventually try to trap him.

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
In the small blind limping AA is not good, i would never do that.

Most times you limp AA it will cost you money.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I wouldn't risk limping from the small blind, as the opponent can flop anything!!:cool:

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My experience has been to make them pay to see a flop. Subject to game situations and live reads..
Jim