Leave a poker tip for beginners.

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get used to losing . So often people think 80% or better noway you can lose . Second is get a tracker. People and their memories and dishonesty are no challenge to site integrity. Data doesnt lie

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience, lots and lots of patients. Probaly the most important thing there is. A close second would be learn to lay down monster hands when you know your beat.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strict bankroll management, playing tight, thats actually the winning strategy for micros, I can't even manage to play tight all the time so thats why I lose a lot sometimes.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play without a mind in your head for profit. Do not think about the bankroll. Play more freerolls to be sure that at lease you will be on zero, the only thing you can do is to gain something without paying anything. If you loose, frustration will be not so big.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the community cards are your friends

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being for playing in tournaments, I only have one thing to say, patience and everything you will lose when always but when you win you will recover everything and a little

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get money in good, don't be mad if you lose as you'll make profit in the long run.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is very important and always follow the bankroll management

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tip

Get a notebook. Any notebook. Doesn't have to be fancy. Write down the rules of poker that you have for your self. For example, write down how you intend to play AA should that hand come your way. Write down what hands you will play. Write down what hands you will not play. Write down what table(s) you usually play. Write down the tables you will stay away from. Write down as many rules for yourself as you possibly can. Once you've written them down study them. Rewrite them. Study them again. You will change them according to what works and what doesn't work. After you've changed them, write them down again. Study them again. Read them before each poker session. Anytime you make a deposit and your about to play....DON'T!!!!!!! Rewrite your rules and Study them again. Then play! Even if you haven't made any changes to your rules...do it anyway!

When you finally enter a session. As soon as you get dealt a hand....YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO WITH IT. As soon as a player bets you...YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO WITH IT. When you feel it's time to bet...YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHEN AND HOW MUCH.

The villain will notice the confidence with which you are making your decisions, causing him to question and doubt his own, therefore making it more likely he'll fold. If he doesn't, it's because he has the nuts and hopefully your rules will help you pick up on that. Good Luck!:D

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Play if you are having fun with it! Remember how small % can make living for it, if you start to think that an income.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to win big pots with little investments.
This means for instance in NLHE cheap flops and big payouts for monsters.
And don't be results orientated, just make good to very good decisions every time you sit down at a real or virtual poker table.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I'm going to say now to any poker beginner is considered boring,but if you are organized enough, it will be worth it. BANKROLL MANAGEMENT!!! (already guided above, but I also agree... or get ready to run after your own tail)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experiment. Don't be afraid to lose. The main thing is to get a gaming experience.

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginner Tips

Play freerolls until you build a bank, and feel comfortable trying micro sized holdem games, and tourneys. My strategy is to be in every hand for as cheaply as possible when the blinds are low. I play every hand except those that have been bumped up by another player, unless I have good pocket cards, and I bump it up. As just about every experienced player will tell you, the most important attribute of a poker player is patience, and an even temperament. :lollypop:

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is old but is still apropos today.
1D922A5E 8576 41B9 9990 E4053CA64F84

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought of another tip, when joining a tourney, keep in mind the interim between blind increases. I prefer 8-12 minute blinds, but some of the tourneys are 3-5 minutes which leaves little time to build a stack, hence there tends to be more aggressive play in these games which is not good for a beginner!

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tip: feel like bluffing at the right time.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to a World of Fun and Challenge...

1. Do not quit your day job just yet.
  2. Educate yourself on the basics (repeatedly).
  3. Learn from your mistakes (take notes and review them regularly).
  4. Don't beat yourself (or anything else) up over bad beats (it is poker).
Best of Luck To You and Everyone at the Tables,

CheezeWiz

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls or micro stakes first and learn from that instead of playing medium stakes right away

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoy the game, dont expect to win any, find enjoyment in the process of learning the game.