Learning of poker

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

Have you that feel when one day you are the highest motivated, and looking for a lot of free websites, videos on youtube or any other sites, you're making files with notes ets.
and few days later ... you are too lazy to use all of this materials?
If yes, tell me - I would appreciate it - how to persevere in the resolution? How improve myself in poker systematically?
I know poker is hard but is beauriful too and only hard work can give me wins in the future.
I want treat poker like work, like duty, like hobby.
I want to hear your advices what to change, what to add.
If it is accepted by cardschat, tell me about some free material which you use.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i think it s very easy , you just have to organize the time u will play , and don t twiste playing poker with other things , to stay concentrate during your game so you avoid tilt , bankroll management can help you a lot in organizing your game , good luck .

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didin't say about play in poker and everything about it like BM, tilt and etc.
I'm talking straighforwardly about learning background.

Last edited:
PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning mate I treat poker as a pleasure, but I admire the many mathematical possibilities at this event. I think all that is nauseating, if you eat chocolate cake all day nausea, see how to manage your day for tasks, study, leisure and practice. You'll get better!:)

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Good day, friend on the net, you will get videos and forums that will help you improve in quotes. game difficult to master but with constant study and dedication you will achieve what we all want to be a winning player

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,

Have you that feel when one day you are the highest motivated, and looking for a lot of free websites, videos on youtube or any other sites, you're making files with notes ets.
If yes, tell me - I would appreciate it - how to persevere in the resolution? How improve myself in poker systematically?
I know poker is hard but is beauriful too and only hard work can give me wins in the future.

The key to sticking with this is having proper motivation, and that has to come from within. First off, figure out WHY you want to learn poker in the first place. When you do that you connect with your emotions which are the force behind motivation.

Next step is to map out what you think you need to learn and give yourself a reasonable time frame to do it, 3 months, 9 months, 18 months etc. This way instead of burning up all your energy early you can work at a pace that suits you.

With that in place, as the others mentioned, take days to study but also take days to play, and take days off to enjoy your life, keep you happy and keep your brain rested. This way you'll actually have the energy to put in the work you need to to slowly and steadily improve.

My favorite resources for MTT study are Raise Your Edge and Pokercoaching. I've been told Ryan's new site LearnProPoker is really good and well organized as well! :damnmate:

If you want free content I've got a lot on my youtube channel, and there is tons of great stuff on twitch poker as well. Main thing of course is pacing yourself!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is true that it is difficult to stay motivated in the long term and continue to perserver to improve his game. when this is no longer the case. I prefer to get up and change my mind in other activities. until I feel like I'm close to fighting and playing my A game again. the most important thing is to play each hand in the best possible way. you have to analyze your game and use rigor and discipline to correct your mistakes and not repeat them over the long term.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely feel where you're coming from. It was years ago I decided I wanted to become a great poker player and make some money. I bought a book, signed up to loads of training websites and absolutely devoted myself to the study of poker... for about 4 days. It was years again before I came back to it and that time I reckon I stuck it for about 2 weeks!
However I can now say I have played/studied/done something towards improving my game pretty much every week - and almost every day for long spells - for a couple of years now and I enjoy studying and playing it more than I ever have. I've even got a bit better at it too I think!
So I don't know quite how to get you to keep picking up that book/watching that video/etc but in my opinion the more often you do it the easier, more enjoyable and more valuable it becomes.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very easy, just in time to play, and not playing poker with other things, have a planning , search for your schedule , put it to your availability , study a lot , analyze hands after a day of poker , improve mistakes ,be very effective and responsible in your game.!!!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To study very much

I think it's better to participate in a decided championship in about 2 hours and a half.

The one is preferred to sit&go.

The last final table and heads-up will be study very much.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To date, the training of information about poker very much. Most importantly, all of this information is given free of charge. Here it depends on the willingness of the person to learn. If a person wants to learn the basics of poker, then he will find the information he needs. If laziness prevents learning, then maybe you do not have sufficient motivation to engage in poker

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely feel where you're coming from. It was years ago I decided I wanted to become a great poker player and make some money. I bought a book, signed up to loads of training websites and absolutely devoted myself to the study of poker... for about 4 days. It was years again before I came back to it and that time I reckon I stuck it for about 2 weeks!
However I can now say I have played/studied/done something towards improving my game pretty much every week - and almost every day for long spells - for a couple of years now and I enjoy studying and playing it more than I ever have. I've even got a bit better at it too I think!
So I don't know quite how to get you to keep picking up that book/watching that video/etc but in my opinion the more often you do it the easier, more enjoyable and more valuable it becomes.

I'm so grateful for your comment :) Words here will help me

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very easy, just in time to play, and not playing poker with other things, have a planning , search for your schedule , put it to your availability , study a lot , analyze hands after a day of poker , improve mistakes ,be very effective and responsible in your game.!!!

No, it is not so easy like it sounds, If it would be, I wouldn't make a tread about it and like you can read above, are players who share my experiences.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,

this is only book i really use in poker to study.... lots of explanation and ideals for playing mtts.....

http://pokerbooks.lt/books/en/05_01_en.pdf this is dan harringtons book on the mzone but is also a TON of information on ore then just your playing zones..... I try to use the mzone to make decisions..... Sometimes that makes me come off too aggressive honestly.... yet other times it ultimately helps my overall brm.....

is other good books probably skylansky who is a math wizard etc... i also watch big players on twitch often..... see what they are doing compared to me etc... always learning poker is the key... always trying to adapt to the situation.... become a better stronger player:)

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is only book i really use in poker to study.... lots of explanation and ideals for playing mtts.....

http://pokerbooks.lt/books/en/05_01_en.pdf this is dan harringtons book on the mzone but is also a TON of information on ore then just your playing zones..... I try to use the mzone to make decisions..... Sometimes that makes me come off too aggressive honestly.... yet other times it ultimately helps my overall brm.....

is other good books probably skylansky who is a math wizard etc... i also watch big players on twitch often..... see what they are doing compared to me etc... always learning poker is the key... always trying to adapt to the situation.... become a better stronger player:)

Thank you for posting. I have read two parts of Harington on Holdem + Excelent in No Limit Holdem + Blefs by Jonathan Little, I analyzed my games. I read and try to help on this forum, mainly "Tournaments hands analysis".

About bankroll management. It is hard too, because when I play on microstakes and see how weak and unpredictable are players there grrr that makes me crazy and angry, because sometimes I have a feeling that programs help them :/