As I joined cardschat I was a relative newbie to online-poker.
I saw a freeroll and wanted to play it - like so many others.
Then I learnt that cardschat is so much more - a truly remarkable place with great members.
The post count control slowed me down for only 10 days -
since then I'm garfing the threads up and down.
I use the term "garf" loosely since it has sooo many meanings and somehow "spamming" isn't really appropriate.
Half a year later I can assure you that joining here is the best decision I ever made regarding poker.
Through the help of cc I got small bankrolls on 4 poker sites.
You ought to know that poker is a game of decisions so here a short rewiew abou what I learnt.
1. For me poker is fun - you ought to love it to be successfull.
2. Read into strategy ->http://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php
3. Read about bankroll management Poker Lessons: Building A Bankroll (http://www.cardschat.com/poker/lessons/bankroll)
4. Take part in cc-freerolls,after reading this IMPORTANT!! Freeroll Password Release Information (http://www.cardschat.com/f31/important-freeroll-password-release-information-87805/)
join the club [Cardschat Freeroll Club Sign Up Thread to play with veteran members who
are willing to spank your booty -just for fun.
Usually they are playing higher stackes - here you will learn so much, your game must improve.
5. Read and post in threads which interest you - think about what you're posting and you'll
get help and answers to almost every question or opinion you might have - even if not
related to poker.
6. Cardschatters are known to invade most any game - various - freerolls, buy-in
games, even ofc invasions with final tables dominated by members.
So if you make it deep - and request railing - wooots and cheers will follow you as you take it down.
This really happens - I was astonished as I won my first game.
7. Search the golden archieves - they're golden: best poker strategy posts (http://www.cardschat.com/blog/04/30/best-poker-strategy-blog-posts/)
8. Don't play too much - if your family life suffers don't blame us, blame yourself - a sceduled timetable may help.
9. I made great friends here - with people around the world - and can't mention all of you who helped me out,
gave me a hint, backed my oddities, invented nicknames, made the lists, made this site, made me laugh, made me garf, cheered and bowed and got hailed to but I love you all
(exept the password dealers and thiefs who don't understand that they're hurting themselves ultimately.)
10. There is no big brag added - I simply go much deeper if I play - and win if I play well.
Added bankroll before joining CC (0$ deposit) - 0.53$
Added bankroll after 6 months: 36.58$ --> edit 49.83 wooot
Others here I know made much more - but I turned from a average loser to a small winner now.
And if I hadn't experimented with playing cashgames obove my limit (spank me - ty) it would be about 110$).
I won and cashed in several freerolls and sngs - and I think I'm an ok MTT player by now, but the more I play the more I see - there is a lot still to learn - and maybe I can brag really big some day.
Until then (or until the 2K post) the garfing will continue....