learning gto

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can anyone tell me a definite guide from where i can learn gto from do sits like card runners and stuff have that ? what books are there i know mathew janda what else?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can anyone tell me a definite guide from where i can learn gto from do sits like card runners and stuff have that ? what books are there i know mathew janda what else?

Tipton and MoP are great. Janda offers a practical approach. Trying to map out situations in CREV (Cardrunners EV) also helps with some understanding.
But at least for me, the bulk of my understanding of GTO has come from trying to apply the concepts myself. Working out a situation, getting it wrong, and then figuring out how to get it right. Over and over. That's where the learning happens, and that's why effort will still give you an edge. I'm not aware of any books or videos that get you the whole way there, so GTO is not for the lazy.

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tipton and MoP are great. Janda offers a practical approach. Trying to map out situations in CREV (Cardrunners EV) also helps with some understanding.
But at least for me, the bulk of my understanding of GTO has come from trying to apply the concepts myself. Working out a situation, getting it wrong, and then figuring out how to get it right. Over and over. That's where the learning happens, and that's why effort will still give you an edge. I'm not aware of any books or videos that get you the whole way there, so GTO is not for the lazy.

what is mop? and also do higher games play all gto or some sort of mix can you even play a mix?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is mop? and also do higher games play all gto or some sort of mix can you even play a mix?

MOP = mathematics of poker by chen. No, not all higher games play ALL gto, you will have a larger percentage of players attempting to follow the strategy,but players have their own strategy. Yes you can play a mix, but you will not be playing the optimal strategy if you choose to mix in your own strategy. Unless it's profitable long term for you in which you have found the optimal strategy for yourself.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If your playing online and the poker site you play in allows HUDs, you can run your hand in DriveHUD's GTO style analysis tool that allows you to break down hand ranges for your opponents based on how the hand was played.