frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
A10 off bets 2 bigs flop is 278 and guy b4 me goes all in i call, jj he has i hit air and i was deep in the money b4 bubble. 17th out of 54 paid places.

I find that one of the biggest challenges i face as a poker player is letting go of hands especially when you are used to seeing guys all in ak to a9 at times on the flop and hit turn or river. All are bad plays that get rewarded sometimes as is the nature of poker however it is my firm belief that we should aspire to play better and not be susceptible to this bad style of play. These kinds of plays cause chip leaders early to late game to drop out of final table runnings or in worse case scenarios the money. PS. My two cents.

Jason CC aka Frazzle1991

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Also, keep your emotions out of the game, you get better results that way.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha if that would be that easy ��

Hard thing what u ask my friend. That requires a lot of experience and self discipline. Im playing poker since late 90s and still not fully tame this particular skill :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Might take a look at ICM. Makes it a lot easier to let that hand go with regards to where you are at in the tournament.

P

panaloto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably a disease that many of us have: not letting go even when you know you're beat.

The adrenaline sometimes get the better of us.

And it hurts.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By far the biggest impediment to players trying to reach the final table is the ability to fold a pair. That includes pre flop and every street. When I ;look back at the number of times I crashed it was due to my love for my perfect ;pair :)

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
By far the biggest impediment to players trying to reach the final table is the ability to fold a pair. That includes pre flop and every street. When I ;look back at the number of times I crashed it was due to my love for my perfect ;pair :)
My friend, we share this disease, i caught it after a sunday storm saw me on opening hand with 44 folding to a preflop raise of 700 chips only to see a three way showdown of aa vs kk vs jj where i beat all of that with set 4s. I was so sad i almost cried :'( after that i vowed never to fold my pockets.

I now find that most times when they raise high n i call with low pockets i hot flop. So i try to always get it in till flop and if hit ride em for what they are worth. If not hit by flop, call a cheap turn or just fold low pp

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
It's probably a disease that many of us have: not letting go even when you know you're beat.

The adrenaline sometimes get the better of us.

And it hurts.

And for me thats always the case after a big win

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Might take a look at ICM. Makes it a lot easier to let that hand go with regards to where you are at in the tournament.

ICM? forgive me i am a noob :( clarify or provide a link please.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Haha if that would be that easy ��

Hard thing what u ask my friend. That requires a lot of experience and self discipline. Im playing poker since late 90s and still not fully tame this particular skill :D

Im slowly getting there, the mind needs tempering to harden resolve like steel. Slowly but surely im getting there.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I did it again in todays 100 :( a9 suited bet 6 bigs pre flop i call suited ak jj goes all in a9 suited calls ofcourse i call, flop 10 k 9 turn rag river q :( no flush made jj takes pot withs straight

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need to realize that your hand will not always be in front. I even threw away aces and saw that it turned out to be the right decision. Patience is what it takes to play well.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
You just need to realize that your hand will not always be in front. I even threw away aces and saw that it turned out to be the right decision. Patience is what it takes to play well.

I try to remind myself everyday about patience.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Exactly. Pairs suck. We will play a ton of hands with only a pair, so we had better get this right. But losing our entire stack with a single pair (or worse yet Ace high), would be our own fault. Learn to play these well.

Hoyt88Slayer

Hoyt88Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always

I use to play online cards all the time. Online, crazy hands can happen and ppl learn to fold. That said I have won many real live tourneys by pushing any aq, ak, or any of the top 5 pairs, chasers chase, I’m gonna push that next hand no matter what, cuz I think that those hands are worth a push anyway, just push your whole stack in, ik now chasers get about a 15%shot , you never wannabe seen as week by any player

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands