Large Losses

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you lose all the bankroll?
Instant deposit or pause in the game?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Ask yourself how it's possible to lose your whole bankroll and find a way to prevent that in the future (aka Bankroll Management).

One important thing when losing part of your bankroll, is to move back in stakes when needed.
At the point you cannot move back in stakes and still lose it all I would have a serious look at your playing ability, because it would mean you're a continuously losing player who will lose it again after another deposit :(

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree with 10058765 100%. Telling it like it is instead of sugar coating it, is the best for you. bravissim0 do you know what BRM is and how to use it to protect your BR? If not please find out. GL to you

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Take a break before you deposit again to reflect about how and why you lost your bankroll in the first place.

DianaPrinces

DianaPrinces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend, I did not have any big losses because I never played with real money

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has advice, but many many players lose their bankroll. Some lose it gradually and others lose it quickly. I personally find that the bigger my bankroll, the worse I tend to play. It seems i think I have back up $$$$ and play more reckless. If you are concerned about how much money you spend, then deposit less and play lower buy in's. At least then, you are not putting yourself in a hole that will be hard to get out of. Just my opinion of course.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has advice, but many many players lose their bankroll. Some lose it gradually and others lose it quickly. I personally find that the bigger my bankroll, the worse I tend to play. It seems i think I have back up $$$$ and play more reckless. If you are concerned about how much money you spend, then deposit less and play lower buy in's. At least then, you are not putting yourself in a hole that will be hard to get out of. Just my opinion of course.

well....that's why they ask for advice, don't you think ?
Most of the times it is because of continuously playing to high limits or due to a brain fart moment and risking it all in one or a few tournaments or a high stakes cashgame trying to make a fast big profit.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i was you i would pause reevaluate what went wrong, and play the micros.. if you can make a $25 deposit, and play 2nl and gradually grind up a roll thats fine, if you lose $25 its not a big lose.. but never lose more than what u can afford, losing money in gambling is not a good habit

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well....that's why they ask for advice, don't you think ?
Most of the times it is because of continuously playing to high limits or due to a brain fart moment and risking it all in one or a few tournaments or a high stakes cashgame trying to make a fast big profit.

been there and done that.. not ashamed of it ethier a lot of poker players go broke.. and get stubborn playing bigger games than they can afford when they go on tilt and end up on a very bad losing session.

tough i have had success and haven't played in a while, I'm grinding a roll nice and slow on bet online poker.. little side income doesn't hurt.

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is to lose all the bankroll, you should not play tournaments that you can not pay, unless you have no problem making a new deposit.
The idea is that you can play with your bankroll at least 20 or 25 tournaments of the same price.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best is a very long pause in the game

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With long-term negative session, I try to make a break, to digress a bit. It is necessary to control its rate and time to stop.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly it is necessary to pause and analyze loss! It can tilt or dispersion? what strategy should be changed? My advice is to take a break!

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you lose your bankroll, you need to stop, analyze your game, look at the theory, read books on poker, draw conclusions and only then start playing again.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When you lose you need to stop, because you can go on tilt and lose the whole bankroll. I advise inexperienced players to pause the game. Take a break from the game and work out such

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we need to make a longer break to recover from the loss.
The loss is stressful and when we are stressed we need to avoid game.

S

stenli1972

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
game

Hello, my advice is you play poker you do not think about the money !!! Think only about the game and do not express emotions regardless of the outcome of the game.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You can not think about invest again if you've lost all your bankroll. You should definitely take a break, take time to read and rethink the problems you have with strategy and gameplay.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should take a break if you are getting emotional/tilt. Think about the hands you played and what is the best way to play them. Don't be results oriented and then start back over once your mind is clear.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible to lose all the bankroll if you know how to use your bankroll :)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's always good to review your game. Take a break and don't chase your losers...

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I would say it depends on your skill level. You also got to ask yourself if you can afford to spend the extra money. Don't go spending your kids collage fund. Maybe take a break to study poker on a higher level and then come back refreshed.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lose all the bankroll!? Two conditions:
1. You play too big.
2. Your bankroll is too small
Modify it.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
study the game more before you redeposit come up with some form of bankroll management.If you don't become a student of the game those leaks will lead you to the same outcome quite often