LAG or TAG?

telford777

telford777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone.I am finding it hard to get a definitive answer. Can anyone please tell me which style of play you prefer..... LOOSE AGGRESSIVE(LAG)or TIGHT AGGRESSIVE (TAG)? Please explain your answer.��

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TAG if im multi-tasking. [Making dinner, folding laundry, etc.] I don't have to pay a lot of attention to the game and im the big hands for max value.

LAG/LP if im bored or don't care about what is going on and i want to see a lot of flops. This is more for the lols than anything else. It's great when i flop 2 pair w/ 37s, 3bet jam 50+ BBs, and i stack off an overpair.

rocketbox

rocketbox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone.I am finding it hard to get a definitive answer. Can anyone please tell me which style of play you prefer..... LOOSE AGGRESSIVE(LAG)or TIGHT AGGRESSIVE (TAG)? Please explain your answer.��

Tight aggressive to start a session, or tournament. Then loosen up in levels 3-6. Tighten up again in levels 7-10 and find a mix at the late levels. Good luck.

telford777

telford777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thankyou for your kind advice.I will try this formula.😉

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The correct answer is neither.

You shouldn't play any set way. You should be able to mix it up from hand to hand to keep your opponents guessing.

Also, depending on the situation you may find a different style is needed. Zig when they zag and always pay attention to your opponents. A donk lead may scoop a pot on the flop against one player but the next may not give up so easily.

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to make your style in a certain situation, it will be LAG and in another situation TAG, and only one player should know this situation.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both depending on the situation I'm in.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG is the best starting point. If you feel you have the strongest hand be aggressive to the point of making others fold hands that they wouldn't normally. Build the pots so you can get a bigger return and not have to worry about playing as many pots as other players.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speculative Aggressive....whoever plays loose is obvious donk IMO

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for a loose-aggressive game the player's skill, especially post-flop, should be higher. often you will make difficult decisions.

telford777

telford777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see....I must say, I have tried to mix it a little...and I seem to get more success.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You play tight aggressive early on the tournament and then later on you play a little looser to not become predictable and hope to steal blinds and antes

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like using an inverse nen shadow clone jistu style. couple that with a psycho 100 sayan god, all-for-one, gundum style and i'm good to go stacking chips.
It's a bit rough at first, but once your in the rhythm, it's fun.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer tag
in poker, aggression and a selection of hands is necessary.
This style is for beginner. its more beneficial than LAG where I would lose more and exploit me

ylnometrA

ylnometrA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I play by the standard system:

- in the early stages of the tournament I play tight only on the strength of the hand

- when approaching the bubble stage, most of the opponents start to be more careful and I'm starting to play a more wide and aggressive

- when the bubble burst, I start to optimize my game, looking for the best opportunities to enter the hand. And again I create the image of a neat player

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the opponents, the stack, the format of the game. In situations in which I don `t know what to do, I try to play TAG. With weak opponents LAG is more profitable.

A

adridog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only lag if khnow a players on table and are a tight

telford777

telford777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG if im multi-tasking. [Making dinner, folding laundry, etc.] I don't have to pay a lot of attention to the game and im the big hands for max value.

LAG/LP if im bored or don't care about what is going on and i want to see a lot of flops. This is more for the lols than anything else. It's great when i flop 2 pair w/ 37s, 3bet jam 50+ BBs, and i stack off an overpair.
I hear you!Although the advice for newbies like me is to play TAG,I have to admit, it can be tedious waiting for the right opportunity.
Playing LAG is a rush and is also educational because given the right conditions i.e. passive opponents,LAG can be very profitable..... especially with online poker because the players change when the tables are balanced which prevents players from adapting to the LAG style of play.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing wrong with playing tight Tag or even Nit if your just beginning and just add another table if things are to slow.And as you improve add a few more combos to your ranges.It's only worth while playing Lag if you can win playing that style other wise your just learning bad habbits.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play tight aggressive 95% of the time. More often than not, I'll play the cards. I also try to play the player whenever possible.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The alternation of styles of tight and loose games is more likely for experienced players, whose level is gradually increasing and they understand their game and opponents better.
For me, TAG is more basic in the game.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer a tight aggressive style,it is better to play good hands in the long term than in the constant drawing of garbage marginal hands...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LAG is when I'm not motivated enough to play seriously and I just want to have a good time playing cards.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not TAG, not LAG
The job of a poker player is to determine the type of all players, and then use their game specifics!
You need to learn how to play TAG and LAG, when the situation allows. You need to play positional poker and attack weak players at the table.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play between both styles depending on your opponents.