KK best preflop bets

Y

YessineMR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to ask what's the best strategy to do when you have KK preflop please ? thx in advance;):jd4::jd4:

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
early positions I like to limp and try to get some raises after me.
late position I raise to get more chips into pot.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By chances to play against any board, if it does not have an ace.

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to raise big, 3.5-5 BB. Get rid of the A/rags. Always good to isolate and take down pot before turn. Avoid multiway pots, after all, you only have a pair with little chance of improving.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in most cases this is 3BB but if I have less than 10BB in the bank then I go all-in !!!

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I always play all in,but success is 60 % ,not more.

HaKaPu

HaKaPu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game depends on my position and how the players played before me and depends on how much I have BB.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play all in...
and if I lose - I go to sleep...)))
:pcguru:

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on the position in which you will play that hand, it is a dream to get hands like that on the button having some miniraises before.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet, bet, bet, but if the flop is an ace and the opponent makes a reraise then I fold.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never slow play any premium hand like KK. I am always raising or 3betting. If I’m opening it’s gonna be 2.5 - 4x or more depending on table dynamics and stack sizes. I definitely do not want to let anyone draw out cheaply if I can avoid it. I’d rather win a smaller pot and continue playing then lose a big pot and either be out or crippled.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm playing live I will raise 4 BB, regardless of position. If I am called and the flop comes down without an ace, I'll bet big.
Online, I will go with the flow and see the flop. No ace on the flop and I'll bet big.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it is a strong enough card, and in such cases, I usually play aggressively. But in any case, you need to take into account your position and the format of the tournament that you play.
Good luck.

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think about x2,5-3,2 as you usually open, and you should be ready to fold if flop will not yours

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know why I used to play very well KK if I bet 3 Bets 4 Bets or I played - all-in pre-flop, but now they play very badly for me, if I raise or not, all-in too I don’t care for me, don’t make a lot of mistakes in the KK game, look at the situation on the table and decide whether you should play or raise, because you can hit any ace that will flop!

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to ask what's the best strategy to do when you have KK preflop please ? thx in advance;):jd4::jd4:

Be aggressive with them and raise to thin the field out. You prefer to have one opponent on board with you since big pairs are stronger in heads-up pots than they are in multiway pots.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the type of table you are facing, safe table bet lower, aggressive table bet above the normal to scare the crazy ones

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a pocket pair KK to play better against one or two opponents. So, on the preflop a pair KK must be played aggressively, to weed out players. From any position, you need to raise to 3-4 BB. If the flop comes an ace, then you should check the strength of the opponent's hand by raising. If the answer is a reraise, then it's better to fold.

Last edited:
neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack size and position, but I wouldn't size differently than any other hand from that position. From there, If I'm getting 3bet, I'll almost always 4bet unless I have a VERY good read on an opponent and they have exactly AA. It really depends on your opponent because some players will play fit or fold on the flop, even in 3bet pots. If someone else raises first in, I'm always 3-betting. I don't think slow playing is worth it because you won't get paid off enough. I generally like to keep things simple and raise and reraise pre and just get the money in.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play fast with kings unless it's like right near the bubble in which case I would put in a standard raise.If someone put me all in preflop I probably wouldn't like it but I still would call. It is after all the 2nd best starting poker hand.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play it aggressively. My second favorite hand!

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He thinks that more times than I have lost that I've won with a pair of KKs, whenever I get a pair of these I see an Ace on the flop.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on position, but always raise and reraise with this hand- it's the second best starting hand in poker. I try to get it all in whenever possible preflop.