Can KK avoid AA?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No nothing you can do there cooler good luck in next games.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To avoid AA, you have to fold KK !

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its okay call. But it's always risky to pay an all in especially when there was a raise before that it represents a lot of strength. I think if you put him in pairs when he gives that all in you can put him in AA yes and avoid this one call but for the equity of your hand you must pay because if he has JJ + you are in the front

A

Alex330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your courage will be rewarded, Fear not.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing you can do but if there's something to avoid is going all in preflop when you are deep

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online it cant be avoided since its designed that way. Something you rarely see live, you see online everyday (nothing to do with amount of tables running, just look at your table and compare it)

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only time I would ever consider folding KK pre is my opponents Vpip of 2% over thousands of hands and even then I would probly call take a flop...assess that one

Everything else is a shove or call shove . ... 2nd best pre flop hand no brainer

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe me, you can lose not only AA, but also any other two enemy cards.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in this situation you did everything right. Here you just have no luck.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will never be able to get away from this unless you know for a fact that villain is holding AA.

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you just have to lose

I don't know many people that would not call with Kings. I always prefer to see flop first with kings, but not many situations where I fold there.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live you are gonna run KK into AA for sure, the only way i find a fold live would be to have a deadset read on my opponent. Ive done it twice and was easily right twice but i knew my villan very well. Online, i think its much more difficult to fold it.

I folded KK a few months ago in an online tournament because it was the bubble, im 2nd stack and the big stack just open shoves - i didnt put him on AA by any means, he had been doing this alot, the fact is i had plenty of chips and i didn't have to risk anything on the bubble like that. Once the we're in the money, then i attack him back.

In the end, the BB called the open raiser had A9 offsuit and flops A97 so again, glad i folded the kings tho i knew i likely had him crushed pre. I made the money, and cashed decently in the tourni.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Online it cant be avoided since its designed that way. Something you rarely see live, you see online everyday (nothing to do with amount of tables running, just look at your table and compare it)

This is total B.S. Can easily be avoided by always wearing ones tinfoil hat when playing online.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
UTG+2 2bb open
CO+1 23bb allin

I was BB. And my hand was KK.
I'm allin .
opponent hand was :ad4:AA.:(
https://www.boomplayer.com/28153277_75121EA5F3

can I avoid this AA?

You can avoid this by always folding poc K's pre flop. After you find yourself in a situation where your poc A allin is called & beaten by some other hand you can also avoid that happening again by always folding poc A's pre flop. This, by the way will cost you a lot of money in the long run. Poker works just like the stock market, to get rich just always buy low & sell high, if the stock you buy doesn't go up, don't buy it in the first place. YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT POKER BY BEING RESULTS ORIENTED.

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is nothing you can do to avoid this situation. sometimes you will just have to endure bad beats. Just the other day live i cracked KK with AQ.. hit a 3rd Q on river and dominated him.

1AMBOWLINGNINJA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I see it is 99 out of 100 times most people will play that hand and call all their chips with KK in the BB preflop if it has been bet to where it puts you all in. I am happy to play my KK there most of the time. Now one of the very few times I might not is if we are in a satellite tourney and we are down to just 1 or 2 people to go to get the ticket or cash or whatever you are playing in the satellite for and you are in the middle of the pack in chips. In a regular tourney I will happily play it for all my chips. Now the more people that call preflop the more trouble you could be in if you play it too. KK you want one maybe two people max in the hand.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens and this can not be avoided...

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only avoidable rarely. Close to the money bubble facing more than one opponent. It happens. Pray to hit a set you should get an equal amount of AA against KK

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Usually a big blind special of KK helps improve the amount of chips you have. I guess I hate it most when my KK is called like by QJ suited or J10 suited. Then , a jack and a ten come up on the board. They miss their flush, but two puny pairs punish what should be a winning pair of kings.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can't fold KK here. Remember you play vs a particular range, not vs exact hand. Your villain has more worse combinations of hands than yours, like AK, QQ, JJ and it's 25cents sng so it wouldn't even surprise me if he would push there hands like KTs. You made a correct decision and sometimes you will just lose. That's poker.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is only one hand (although several combinations) that beats you preflop.

What are you afraid of? …..is what I'm usually mumbling to myself as my opponent
shows AA...…..sigh

Good luck !

M

Monkhouse1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing the rockets is always painful, but under no circumstances can you really lay down KK. I would've raised around like 300-400 originally to let opponents know how strong my hand was, if I got pushed all in, I probably would call. If it's someone that is tight? I would think long and hard.

Happens sometimes, hard to avoid it.