KJ is really bad hand?

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. I noticed that I almost always lose with this hand. Even A7 and A9 will be better than that. And what about you? Do you have a hand that constantly loses in any all-in? Which one?

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's a great hand. You also have to take into account the position, the stack size and the correct way to play it to get the most out of chips. But we are dominated by AK - KQ and other hands that can complicate winning the hand.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pretty bad hand, losing to all premiums and to make it worse dominated by them. I occasionally limp with it. It becomes pretty good from late position in non-raised pot. I would raise with it then. I always fold it if there was raise before me. Too easily dominated. I would preffer to call a preflop raise with something like 65s instead of KJ, because if I hit K I'm going to be in big trouble ;)

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a bad hand per se, but it gets people into a lot of trouble for the reasons stated above. It plays a lot better in LP and can occasionally dominate KT and random suited kings. Just be mindful of any potential trouble spots that might come up.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your hands depends not only by the number or letter in the card. Use the position, the texture of board and a lot of things. Only the hand for hand is just a number, only works if have no post flop.
I have problems with pairs, really, Its my bigger dificult. I loose to much playing with 10 10, but sometimes I know when to fold, sometimes..

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bad. But not so strong. It's a risky hando to make all-in...

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any hand can win or lose.There is no specific hand.There are positions and certain chances of winning in a particular hand.More analysis more games and training will lead you to a certain opinion about the game and believe me everyone has a different opinion.Good luck in the game and more winnings!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think that KJo is not such a bad hand. For me, the worst hand is QJo, it always brings me losses in 85%-90% of cases.
Good luck.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think KJ is not bad if you use them correctly. When KJ hit something on the board, it just often lost against AJ KQ, AK. So control pot reasonably and you can get profit from this hand. The hand gives me more trouble than this hand is KT, although they are really close.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ is absolutely not a bad hand, it is worth playing late or on the button, it can be used very often to win. I'd rather play KJ than A7 A9.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too weak and dominated hand, I always fold if there was a raise from an early position before me.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depends

Hello, look that depends on the situation you are talking about, the truth is that you cannot tell if it is bad or not without knowing the situation, apart from if you are playing six max or full ring, you cannot say like this no more KJ is a bad hand or good for a certain movement. regards

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The position decides... It's a fine hand for a Blind stealing

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's a hand to play, but you have to evaluate the size of the bet, the position and etc ... Think about it, if nothing hits, would it be worth a bigger bet than the one you put in the pot? And a simple A would get you in trouble ...

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's a good hand. You also need to consider the position, stack size, and correct way of playing (opponent selection, play, and reaction) to get the most out of your chips. But in General, AK-KQ and other hands dominate, which can complicate the winning combination.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... for me it is a good hand ... but to play it you must take into account the position you are in .... in my personal case I play this hand from late positions ...! and I'm doing well ...!

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with 619leafs - it is not per se a bad hand. Obviously, inferior to more premium hands, but on the other hand, also superior than many other hands.
Sometimes I got two pair with KJ, sometimes I got air..

cheers

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys. I noticed that I almost always lose with this hand. Even A7 and A9 will be better than that. And what about you? Do you have a hand that constantly loses in any all-in? Which one?

Statistically looked, KJ is having around 45% against A7 and A9. Have to admit that this hand is a little bit weak than the other two, especially if the KJ are not suited. But to be honest, I prefer to play it in most of the times, especially if KJ are suited. Because with these two cards you can make various straights. Also, if they are suited you can make flush. I think this hand is not so bad and you are thinking in that way, because most of the times you are loosing with it. There is no hand you can loose with it every time. Just have to admit sometimes that bad beats are more than the original.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no absolutely bad hands, more often there are erroneous decisions on their use.:)

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well to my taste the J is misleading, unless the game comes out cautiously as the main card

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand is not automatically good, like a pair of aces, kings or queens, but at the same time it is not a hand that should be dropped every time. You need to know when to answer with this hand, raise bets and even fold.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion KJ is a marginal hand to play... Though it can be played for pot odds, if you hit a straight on the flop or a OESD it can be pretty profitable.. but that's the only way I play this card, just aiming to hit something bigger... If you don't hit anything it's easier to give up on the hand

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands