Just Finishing Super System 2- What next? MMT

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a returning player with an ok understanding of the game. In spot I generally know how to act but not why I am acting in such a way. During my hiatus I learning that there is a massive difference in knowing how to do something and knowing why you are doing. So this time round I decided to read, in the hope of learning why I should call in BB with suited connectors when I am only min raised by the late positions.

Firstly I read was Dara O Kearney's - Poker Satellite Strategy as my Mum had a copy in her house and I began to read to just. Once finished I began Super System 2 - A Course in Power Poker - Doyle Brunson as it appeared consistently on lists when I googled it. I am just finishing up on it now and I was wondering where to go from here.

I bit about me:

I play online $0-$2 MTT mainly but have been known to play SNG if I don't have the hours to throw into a MTT. I stick strictly to my BRM which had been tough when building a BR as in micro's.

What do you guys recommend as the new book or books I should read next?

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're looking for "why you do stuff" "decide to play great poker" has some good stuff!

I

Iamfishieee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget everything you read and please don't read another book that is more than 2 years old....

Go hire a coach who has a proven track record and save your self the time of reading incorrect material.

Seriously, I would say poker is the one thing in life where correct knowledge does not come from books. Anything in print format that is good, is on the advance side of poker theory.

When you first start out, books can and will send you down the wrong path.

Start with understanding the mathematics of it.

If I remember correctly, there is a page where Brunson gives an example of 52o in sb where he says you can defend, or call.... HORRENDOUS out dated advice.

Anything that is pre online poker computer age where large sample sizes didn't exist to draw data from is out dated and will provide terrible advice.

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A weird thing about poker is that books are actually not the best way to learn. Online content is much better. I really like Johnathan Little on Youtube, so I would recommend that for getting started. Good luck moving forward.