It's hard to come back...

F

fe1ix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was feeling uncomfortable with my playing because in many times I didn´t know what I should do. I began to read all information that I could get in poker´s schoolls, articles, videos, etc. In two weeks I learn two important things: 1) the uncomfortable feeling was in the midle stage of the game and, 2) the problems were a tight hands´s selection. I had a good tigh first stage and good and intensive "push or fold" final stage, but in the midle I feel sorry droping Ax, little pairs, broadways, etc.
Now, yesterday, I started a new way. Which game is better to play?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi fe1ix,

You should always try to adjust your play according to your opponents. Are they tight, loose, aggressive - how do they play? So there is no single right solution to poker, you'll always have to adjust.

Have you taken a look of Cardschat's own free poker course that you can study at your own pace?

It has tremendous amount of value and it will help you to improve your game.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can get to the point where you're not there yet but are close to it. Every decision seems difficult and stressfull. You'll get past it. Just be consistent with your play.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was feeling uncomfortable with my playing because in many times I didn´t know what I should do. I began to read all information that I could get in poker´s schoolls, articles, videos, etc. In two weeks I learn two important things: 1) the uncomfortable feeling was in the midle stage of the game and, 2) the problems were a tight hands´s selection. I had a good tigh first stage and good and intensive "push or fold" final stage, but in the midle I feel sorry droping Ax, little pairs, broadways, etc.
Now, yesterday, I started a new way. Which game is better to play?

Felix great question,
It's about adjusting to your table, stack size, and stage of the tournament.

When you are short, it is important to be willing to get it in with those weaker hands. You end up having a decent % chance of winning when called, but more importantly, when you do win, you will then have a stack which you can use to play poker again confidently.

Tight is fine when stacks are deep, but once you get shallow loosening up is important to keep yourself in the game.

Here's a video that you may find helpful on the topic :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker you have to continually work on your game to stay at a good level of play. I advise you to play in the format that suits you the most and in which you have good results. for example for my part I prefer to play on MTTs because it is in this format where I feel most comfortable and in which I manage to reach my goals.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Felix great question,
It's about adjusting to your table, stack size, and stage of the tournament.

When you are short, it is important to be willing to get it in with those weaker hands. You end up having a decent % chance of winning when called, but more importantly, when you do win, you will then have a stack which you can use to play poker again confidently.

Tight is fine when stacks are deep, but once you get shallow loosening up is important to keep yourself in the game.

Here's a video that you may find helpful on the topic :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZ9f_vYgPY

Evan - your YouTube content is awesome! Keep it coming.