Interesting to know!

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no secret that luck plays a big role in poker.
Do you think that your successes are related to luck more?
Or is it that you are a really good poker player?
Do you bet on tactics?
Or are you waiting for a happy occasion?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you bet on tactics?
it's true luck influences poker, but in the end knowledge gains, luck favors some moves but not all

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's true luck influences poker, but in the end knowledge gains, luck favors some moves but not all
Sometimes it is very annoying when your knowledge is inferior to the luck of another player)
Perhaps, because knowledge is not enough

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck will always have its role in poker.

You can minimize your exposure to the negative swings of it with solid poker play.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it is very annoying when your knowledge is inferior to the luck of another player)
Perhaps, because knowledge is not enough
the karma of a bingoplayer and a fish in his bankroll in 0, in the end the talent wins, the big winners of poker have achieved their success thanks to talent, not everything is luck

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think luck is involved in my bigger wins but my knowledge gets me there to have the opportunity for the win .

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you bet on tactics?

Luck surely plays a part in poker but playing with patience, knowing your opponents play as best you can and smart play will take you much further than luck ever will.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes if your KK can not hit a king against AA in the tournament you are destined to lose luck huge factor as so many coinflips involved in long tournament when blinds are high

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if your KK can not hit a king against AA in the tournament you are destined to lose luck huge factor as so many coinflips involved in long tournament when blinds are high
It just happens often when you really understand that your chance to win on the flop is 90 percent. But there is a person who put the chips in order to put and still beat you)

I think luck is involved in my bigger wins but my knowledge gets me there to have the opportunity for the win .
I like the direction of your thought!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should really learn to remove "luck" from your vocabulary. You have to understand that it is all math. There is no 100% winner. There is always a percentage of times you are going to lose. Most of the time there is a good chance the dog wins. Even when you are pair over pair or a large pair over random cards you are only an 80% favorite. That means 1 out of 5 times you will lose. Most of the time you are very close to 50/50. This is why most of the players that excel at poker play a lot of pots. This is also why LAG can be so effective if well played.

If you review hands and really took a second to see, "what beats me" and start counting hands that are ahead, regardless of the possibility of the villain holding them, you will start to see there are actually a lot of hands that are ahead.

Try your best to not put all your chips or your tournament life on the line with 1 hand, no matter what it is, as much as possible. Learn to control the pot and play more pots. Learn to really look at what hands could have you beat and put players on hands. This will reduce the "luck" the villains have.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is a very important factor only at first, but calculation and mathematics really rule.

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should really learn to remove "luck" from your vocabulary. You have to understand that it is all math. There is no 100% winner. There is always a percentage of times you are going to lose.

What if he flops a royal flush? :confused:

But yes - you're going to lose. Account for it and just minimize you exposure to 'luck' by playing solid poker.

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your right luck is great to have and to run good late for the wins. Playing solid poker and being patient will get you there. That's right. And, minimize your mistakes and try to win every hand you play a pot at. [emoji106]

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree, that luck is an important poker factor.
But there are two other no less important factors:
1. Patience.
2. Discipline.
If you have these two factors, then good luck will come soon.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck can only be on freerolls, and if you play at low and medium limits, knowledge and reading the enemy first!

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the main task of any player is to constantly show your best poker based on skills. But in any case - luck matters.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bet on tactics?
For me, luck is betting on the lottery and winning. Poker is just possible and probable situations.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe luck plays a big part in poker, but luck is not enough and much experience is needed.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think you should investigate more about poker ... whether watching videos or reading books ... poker is a strategy game ... it's a game of statistics ... it's a game of mental ability to calculate odds .. And what you call luck is called variance in poker ...

H

honeywabbitt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to use the odds but luck seems to win alot

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should investigate more about poker ... whether watching videos or reading books ... poker is a strategy game ... it's a game of statistics ... it's a game of mental ability to calculate odds .. And what you call luck is called variance in poker ...
Yes, I'm currently working on this

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All hope for luck. Even poker stars. We are trying our best to increase the chances of success. This is poker.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All hope for luck. Even poker stars. We are trying our best to increase the chances of success. This is poker.
I hope that luck will be on our side):D

I believe luck plays a big part in poker, but luck is not enough and much experience is needed.
I would like the experience to outweigh the success)

Last edited by a moderator:
aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bet on tactics?

Of course, poker has an element of luck. Otherwise there would be no new players who can't play well. Similarly, professionals can play at a loss for weeks. It does not mean that they play badly.