Increasing Bankroll

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At what type of table should I increase my bankroll? Sit'n Go, tournament or head's up?

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The one that is the most fun for you.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The format you feel most comfortable at also the stakes that fit within your new bankroll range. My standard rule is 30 x bb but that's what works for me.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Where you can reach the largest number of times in itm, minimizing losses and maximizing gains. If in 10 you can win 3 or more, start with $ 0.10 888poker sit and go, when you reach a good pass average gain of $ 0.25 PS

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself prefer SNG/MTT but I do play cash games as well.

I think its what you feel most comfortable with and also what limits u can play to increase your Bankroll.

If your looking for a quick increase to your roll I'd say Cash tables would be where to go but make sure you stay within your bankroll limit cause you don't want to sit down with your entire roll at 1 table.

Been there. Shoved that.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
At what type of table should I increase my bankroll? Sit'n Go, tournament or head's up?

Don't know about the rest, but i am telling you about my own previous encounter.

I was on a real downswing and was left with 0.00 on my pokerstars account.
I started playing freerolls more often, started following pro's on twitch and also started reading more poker books also watching nearly all the live tournaments and poker after dark episodes on you tube..BY DOING ALL THESE i got an eye-opener that I WAS THE FISH ALL THE TIME.:eek:

So i started joining the home games and playing with play chips to practise what i had learnt recently. AND IT STARTED working.

One day i won a 0.10 cent sit&go freeroll on scratch and match and went and played it. Took down the first place for 6.80$.

With this i played micro stakes tournaments and also zoom 0.1/0.2 cents 9 max. It started increasing bit by bit and i started playing the daily big's 4.40, but kept on playing zoom 0.1/0.2.

Now i have a bankroll of approximately 300$:D, but i am still not going to play bigger tourneys yet, untill I reach maybe a 1000$-1500$.:cool:

So that is my own experience a bit.
And especially don't forget that the freerolls from cardschat helped a lot.
So try to get admitted to the freerolls club and you can also start making some money there;)

So gl at the tables and hope this is useful:)

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sit n go's, heads up. or jackpot poker is probably your best bets.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's personal preference. Depends on which you do well at or at least enjoy doing while you improve at them. Solid advice has often been to try a format and stick with it for a while before trying other formats. Once you have a foundation as to which format you feel suits you best you can focus on that and maybe occasionally try other formats.

Personally, I've recently found that 6-max cash games are good for me for building bankrolls but I also enjoy and have profits at full ring cash games. I also enjoy MTTs and have a few online final table cashes but you can go long stretches without a cash in those. I was never that great at SnGs but if you are primarily a tournament player , lots of players swear by SnGs for bankroll building.

Whichever you chose be sure you read up on proper bankroll management, tilt control, basic odds/math of poker, and such specifically related to your chosen format. Also access is a consideration. What sites are available in your country? What's the traffic like? For me SnG traffic is mostly dead here across sites but MTT and cash games are decent.

And remember to have fun. Most players don't get good at formats they hate so if you find yourself not enjoying a format after multiple tries than consider trying another format.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah as other people have said above, the correct answer is the game that YOU are best at.

There's no point trying playing someone else's best game if you're not good at it.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt play football because the majority tells me too (I suck at football) so why would i go and play PLO Zoom when I suck at it?

Play what you feel you are best at/can progress in/and have the most fun in.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNG. Recently I started playing SNG on 888poker and its so far so good.

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know about the rest, but i am telling you about my own previous encounter.

I started playing freerolls more often, started following pro's on twitch and also started reading more poker books also watching nearly all the live tournaments and poker after dark episodes on you tube..BY DOING ALL THESE i got an eye-opener that I WAS THE FISH ALL THE TIME.:eek:

So i started joining the home games and playing with play chips to practise what i had learnt recently. AND IT STARTED working.

One day i won a 0.10 cent sit&go freeroll on scratch and match and went and played it. Took down the first place for 6.80$.

With this i played micro stakes tournaments and also zoom 0.1/0.2 cents 9 max. It started increasing bit by bit and i started playing the daily big's 4.40, but kept on playing zoom 0.1/0.2.

Now i have a bankroll of approximately 300$:D, but i am still not going to play bigger tourneys yet, untill I reach maybe a 1000$-1500$.:cool:

So try to get admitted to the freerolls club and you can also start making some money there;)

incredible! I need to start tracking the players who make the stream. . .

L

litaana

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever feels right for you , i prefer mtts and sitngos , my buddy is all about cash games , its whatever you like

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play games in which ye and the obtain greatest profit

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play at where you are comfortable at playing. You should avoid going back and forth at different types of games as the strategy and the type of players you gonna go up against will also be different.
Stick to where you are good at.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Nice, keep the line. precious information also. this post gave me very useful information.Still stuck at freerolls and micro.

good luck at tables!!!

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start with playing S&G and maybe some cash games. But when you play cash games at micro stacks, you have to be aggressive and play only premium hands. Then you could beat the fish! Tournament is for me not an option, because a tournament costs most of the time 5 hours of my day :(

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play the format that you are the best at, or are the most comfortable in. If there was a format that made it easier to make money, everyone would play it. That being said, I do like the 1-up format or sit&gos where half the entrants double their money, and half lose. The tourney ends after only half remain. In my opinion, if you are confident in your ability to be above average, it minimizes risk and reduces the variance, allowing you to build your bankroll. However if you are the type of player that does really well with momentum, and you either win or get last, then I wouldn't suggest this format.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker player is different. You need to figure that one out for yourself.

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did a lot of looking into the top leaderboard on sharkscope and found that the edge in some games is not very much , some sections only up 200$ while others where more reasonable , couple grand for top spot. for micro tourneys. so it does matter for some formats are unbeatable long term

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Nice, keep the line. precious information also. this post gave me very useful information.Still stuck at freerolls and micro.

good luck at tables!!!

Have some patience and practice a lot:)

My bankroll is up to about 600$ now.:D
So don't give up on the freerolls people

GL and may Cardschat be with you:)

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit and go are easier, i don't recomend the cash games

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the one that you are planning to paly cosistantly and you are good at, trying to get into the gold rush will most likely leave you wi th no bankroll rather than rich

cwatt3131

cwatt3131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on what type of games fit your poker strengths. You will need a different bankroll for each format. Cash games require a smaller bankroll, but if you like MTT's, then you will need a larger bankroll to cover the higher variance of busting out.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management