In this situation do you call or fold?

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when two players or three before you make allin and they have the same stack like you, and you have AK or AQ, what do you do ? are you calling or folding ? for me i loose all time if i call

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the information I have accumulated on these players and if my stack allows me to reach ITM places if I decided to fold. AK is really a hands with which I hate to take risks but sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're short stacked, AK or AQ is likely
going to be the best hand you'll get before blinding out. Definitely get it in. Hopefully you won't run into AA or KK, (unlikely considering that you block both) but if you do, it was just your time to go. In other situations, whether or not I call depends on the other player's stacks - if I cover them by a wide margin it's an easy call imo. In cash games... fold

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when two players or three before you make allin and they have the same stack like you, and you have AK or AQ, what do you do ? are you calling or folding ? for me i loose all time if i call
you lose with many hands equally as pair of A, pair of K sometimes with pair of Q

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm talking about! The age-old question is whether to go all in m AQ! )))))))) I don't like going all in except with AA.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think in most cases this is Fold but it all depends on the circumstances !!!

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very player dependent. I think we have to call AK, maybe Fold AQ.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I agree with tame4g.

Probably only a call as a short stack in an MTT. And if not very short or against total maniacs AQ can still often be folded.

In cash no reason risk anything with nothing or little invested since you almost NEVER have the best hand if several people goes all-in.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting.

This is a good question for you to use the cardschat odds calculator for. Try using the actual hands that your villains have in these situations to see how much equity you would have with that AK.

Example

AcKs vs QQ vs 55 vs Jh10h AK has 29% equity.

AK -QQ 55 vs AdJd AK has 26% equity

AK-QQ-55 VS AhKd AK has 1.5% to win 26% to tie.

AK-QQ vs KK vs AdJd AK has 13% equity

So if all stacks are the same you need 1/ (3+1)----1/4 or 25% equity to call.

So when no AA or KK are present in the other villains holdings you can call but you will win only 1-4 times you call.

With variance you could easily not see a win ten times in a row. That may seem like you never win.

Try using the odds calculator with only 2 villains see what it reveals to you. It becomes very helpful to know the equities in most situations.

In that spot you would need 1/(2+1)---1/3 33% equity to call.

Just in case you are unfamiliar (2+1) is their 2 stacks plus your stack. (3+1) their 3 stacks + yours.

Hope this helps.

:ciao::ciao:

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on many things - how big is the tournament compared to your bank roll? in freerolls i would normally call but big tournaments i would probably wait for better times in the beginning of the tournament. other important elements is table historic, how far are you in tournament and how is stack in overall tournament. if nr. 1 and 2 in the tournament are allin and you have more or less the same i would not call on 2nd last table before the final tabel but likely to call if instead the stack was less than 10 BB (normal speed tournament) and we were the in the lowest 20pct stacks overall tournament and still 50 tables left.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually stay out of battles like this unless I have already won 2 to 3 times the starting chip amount.

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is usually a fold but could possible be a call. AK can be a fold or a call depending on the situation and players.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is fold.
AK you have to think, I think that is a fold, unless you are very short stack.
If you have more than 10 BBs it's better wait until a better chance to win.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically would fold because when you are up against more than one player, your chances of winning even with big slick are slimmer than heads up showdown.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 or 3 players pre when you have AK or AQ, I tank, then fold. It is not a made hand and you are not in a good position if one has your cards and the other has a made hand.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the situation and history of players your playing your notes etc.... i would say i call here often with ak if i feel ak is hitting that day pretty reg..... aq i have the rule not to lose a game with aq so i toss that more often... i play on instinct a lot what im seeing know etc...if your not paying attn to how the rng's are working on that day your hurting your income imho..... is days ak is not hitting so auto fold but if last 4-5 times someone played ak it hit an ace or king on flop??? ya im shoving depending on buy in time been in game etc... how close to money etc.. one rule to maybe live by is there is always another time so its pretty much almost always ok to fold

Folding in Poker