• Start date
Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night I won a freeroll and won $5.36. Today I lost it all in $.01/.02 cash games. I feel totally dumb LOL! People play awful poker at these limits. I need to know how to manage a bankroll when I have it! I tried my hardest to win and I had terrible luck.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There isn't a level lower than $2NL, so there's nothing you can do differently when your entire bankroll is single digits. Just play the lowest level you have access to, play your best, and hope you get lucky.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a small bankroll, it's better to play Sit and Go tournaments
0.10 cents 360 people or 0.25 cents 45 people or 90 people, these are normal tournaments in which you can win, you can play cash games very dangerously when a small bankroll and you can lose all at once!

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play tournaments with little effort

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are serious about the game, then the rules of bankroll management should be observed. Play the cheapest games if you have a small bankroll.

lifesagamble99

lifesagamble99

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Bankroll Management Strat For Each Stake

yh scrap the freerolls honestly as its just not helpful for learning cash game strat, plop a small deposit on for the lowest stakes 2-5nl for some sites and just try develop game/strat as a player and try grind that shit up, dont play speed poker either rake trap.

Texas Holdem Poker Bankroll Management Rules
Minimum Bankroll Requirements For Each Stake
2nl =5buyins $10
5nl =9buyins $45
10nl =13buyins $130
16nl =13buyins $208
20nl =13buyins $260
25nl =15buyins $375
30nl =15buyins $450
50nl =17buyins $850
100nl =19buyins $1900
200nl =22buyins $4400
400nl =25buyins $10000
(obvs move up when got enough for next level move down when got below minimum for that stake or you hit minimum roll for stake below depends entirely on your tolerance for risk though in that regard and how losses or moving up/down in stakes emotionally impacts you and whether that has a neg impact on your game/strat, but yh i personally id rather insta move down if i drop below my minimum and rebuild obvs more buyins you have the better but yh this is my brm for texas holdem for omaha honestly just quadruple that shit ha either way this is quite aggressive compared to most poker players i see floating about on forums bankroll management lots of others are far more conservative).

anyway hope this helps.:)

PS i dont recommend omaha on a short roll at all omahas a game where i go way more conservative with brm requirements like literally think 100buyins makes more sense as its just so much more volatile and full stacks go all in far more regularly (and the weird suckouts can make you wanna cry sometimes ha:D)

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To win, you need a lot less mind, in contrast to how to save and multiply.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.01/.02 stakes can be deceptively tough

I think the basis of your mistake is not in bankroll management. You did good by playing the lowest stakes possible. The basis for your mistake is in thinking the .01/.02 tables play bad.

1. Many players at .01/.02 tables are hanging on to a tiny bankroll for dear life. They play super tight and won't go all-in unless they have a premium hand.
  2. Many other players at .01/.02 tables have a very strong bankroll. They are great players who have the discipline not to move up until their bankroll supports a higher level.
  3. There are lots of players who don't play well, but because of group 2 they often don't last long so you may not actually play against them much.
From personal experience, I've played $1/$2 and, like a lot of people playing those stakes, it's not because I slowly earned my way up through the stakes, it's because I bought in at that level. So there's actually a lot looser play at those higher stakes. A lot more gambling goes on.

I'd just hate for you to think you're a bad player if you don't succeed at .01/.02 because the play there can actually be more difficult than at higher levels due to player discipline. So don't go and change your winning strategy to something that will cost you in the long run just because of a few bad sessions.

MeSayBeauxm

MeSayBeauxm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have control issues in other areas of life? For me, my lack of BRM is just an extension of other life problems. Basically, whenever I bink one, I play as high as I can, for as long as I can. Just be glad you only lost $5.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A good rule of thumbs is to play good value hands; AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AQs, and possibly KQs. When betting, triple bet BB amount. That will keep your BR at the level it should remain. Stay away from junk and the temptation of all-ins unless you generate it from one of these hands. Suited connectors are not a bad bet either, but I have personally not had a lot of good luck with those. Hope this helps. I am not a pro, but this seems to be helpful to my play.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management