Improving your game.

S

Shannible

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you do or what would you suggest to do to improve your poker play. Im looking for things that are free or atleast cheap and any study tactics. Thanks in advance!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Post questions on this forum. Posting hand history questions will get you plenty of different ways to play hands. You are asking this question on the very best forum you could get answers on.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A. choose a game: cash, mtt, sit and go, spins
B. search and watch free content in the different poker pages available.
C. look for preflop range charts for your modality and study it
D. Post your hands at the foro to learn the thinking process necesary to take a decision.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Help me

How to play the hand AK; AQ if the flop passes by and around are only maniacs ready to call on all the streets with an insignificant pair of twos?:confused:

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to see what are your best strengths and try to figure out your weaknesses. I try to understand the math and I think that part is my weakest game.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are lots of videos on Youtube and all information is totally free.
You can take some knowledge from that videos.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play more tournaments and try out different tactics.

C

cesisman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you do or what would you suggest to do to improve your poker play. Im looking for things that are free or atleast cheap and any study tactics. Thanks in advance!

‘EVEN GREAT CHAMPIONS WERE BEGINNERS AT SOME STAGE IN THEIR LIVES’
We all have to start somewhere: even great champions were beginners at some stage in their lives. In a game like poker, where money is often involved, starting out can be a daunting prospect. That, however, should not deter you from getting your feet wet. In the contemporary climate, especially, there are many ways to learn and practice the game.

When I was starting out, I played once a week at the university poker club; this was an enjoyable and beneficial way of getting a feel for live poker. However, like anything else, you need to practice as much as possible.

Reading poker literature is also a productive way of gaining knowledge and spending your time when travelling, for instance. At home, you can read online strategy articles, watch video tutorials and practice in play money games, without risking any money. Although the standard of play in these games will usually be low, it will give you a feel for the game flow and help you become more comfortable with how everything works.

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ton's of Information

There's tonnes of information on the web about poker. It may seem daunting that there is so much, and often some of its seems contradictory.

First of all, you have taken a correct step by signing into a forum such as this. There's no end of discussions about specific hands and general strategy. You need to read something every day.

My routine is this: study 1/2 hour a day - at least. You would not expect to pick up a violin and start playing music from scratch. You need to study poker to become good. Do you know your starting hands by your seat position. Have you downloaded something like poker stove to see how various hands match up against other hands or ranges of hands?

Finally, there is a very popular and well known poker site* that has an extensive "poker school" that is free to join. It's a start. Of course, you should practice your poker playing at tables and there is always play money tables with which to practice the skills you are studying.

gl

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play hundreds of real money hands to gain real money experience.

Learn patience.

Not tilt or get mad at yourself because life happens.

Remember you may be a good player, but the rake may make this a losing battle, basically making this a hobby instead of a way to earn money.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read books and forums, watch the games with professional players, play freerolls or micros to try all you read about by yourself, notice your mistakes and try not to repeat them in future.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nice piece of information so far, I do all of them plus whenever I find a spot where I don't know what is my move I search after my game on the internet.For example which hands should we light 3bet!

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I would take the time to read books, and constantly write down what hands you plan in a composition book/journal. This is what I did when I got into a poker. I took a composition book with me to live games. Keep i mind, this was before there were Apps that could keep track of what you play.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Posting hand histories here is a good idea. You can go over to YouTube and check out some videos from sites like Upswing poker, Jonathan Little, and BlackRain79 just to name a few.
That will help you get started.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best is to watch videos of professional poker twitch or take the time to analyze the game of players during major events and to inspire you.In poker the player has incomplete information from which it must make decisions. If he knows how to fully exploit this information, get the best out of it, and find a suitable decision for each situation: he will inevitably have the advantage over his opponents .Your actions must be premeditated out of the table. Creativity at the table but it is based on an experience consolidated by your reflections.To summarize play carefully with dangerous hands, bluff little and observe the table to prepare the middle and the end of your tournament.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many poker schools they have a lot of information and videos and so on...Go look...

Top 10 Games