Improving

H

heiliga96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you doing to improve your skills ?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now, I'm basically just starting out. A lot for me is just practice/experience. Been playing in some CardsChat freerolls and just recently joined the CardsChat poker league.

I do other things to improve too (read books, YouTube videos, ask questions in the CardsChat forums), but I haven't gotten it down to a science yet I don't think. If I begin to play poker more often, or decide to play with money some day (excluding freerolls), then I'd probably invest in some poker software too. Flopzilla or something similar and maybe even a HUD for online sites that allow it, but right now, I am satisfied with the free program Equilab. It is basically just a poker calculator, but it is free and I use it here and there just to get a feel for how certain hands or ranges perform against each other.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spend quite a bit of time watching videos or reading articles. I try to keep it to articles from people who actually have done what they talk about. I then practice what I want to use to make sure it becomes easier the more I need it.

sazkee

sazkee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got mental game of poker books, didn't get around to reading them yet but i suppose it can't hurt

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the easiest ways to improve your game:
1. Take notes, color code, table/game select
2. Review hands with ICM tool - sngwiz, icmizer, etc
3. Watch training videos
4. Post hands in forum

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing, eating better, rest. Clear mind, no problems.