importance of position rule one

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so am just throwing this out there. Position is hugely important for poker success.... but if you do not know when and how to use it etc.. you will not be as successful as you can be.....

this first step is simply about making decisions to play which hands and why.... THINK about what your doing what you can do differenly how and when and why.....

so my first rule on position is this

know your opponents and AT ALL COST IF YOU HAVE A BIG HAND with positions ISOLATE the player the villian.... Always try to trick player x based on their tendencies sometimes they are aggro and a simple check can get a shove when you flop jj j 84 lol rainbow..... think of how to trick that player

ISOLATION increases your pot odds to win....

WHAT IS YOUR 1st or NOW 2nd rule for position???? KEEP this rolling lets make this a huge THREAD FOR SUCCESS in poker for all of us

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incorporating position into your play is definitely a good thing. One thing I've learned recently is to be okay with widening my range in later positions. Also, defending the blinds with some atypical hands has helped my game. It all helps to keep my opponents guessing and harder for them to put me on a hand.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is not only a important in deciding your range but it also helps you to identify your opponents range. Knowing their range allows you to calculate your odds of winning the hand. Poker is a game of math not a game of luck

Poker Rules - Poker Games