Implied Odds

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the pot odds are lower than your hand odds, you may factor in the players behind you who have still to act. If sufficient of them bet you can recalculate your hand odds, and if the odds are good enough, you may play.
The rub is the IF factor, some may play, others may not. You do not have enough information to make an informed play. Best forget about playing this way.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the pot odds are lower than your hand odds, you may factor in the players behind you who have still to act. If sufficient of them bet you can recalculate your hand odds, and if the odds are good enough, you may play.
The rub is the IF factor, some may play, others may not. You do not have enough information to make an informed play. Best forget about playing this way.

Calculating is fine in poker at some points, but still you need to get a good read on poker players (ofcourse you never know what he has, but you can know if he is tight or lose and passive or agressive.

If you say about someone that he is good at poker you say that he has excellent reading skills, because everyone can calculate, there is not that much skill in that.

billbaffles

billbaffles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought implied odds was the chance you getting paid off if you hit your hand is opponent dependent so even if you are beat on the flop that based upon board texture ie how disguised your hand is along with your opponent's tendency to bet/call if the board shows a potential straight or flush factors in as additional odds to pot odds as a reason to call on a draw. I usually only use pot odds but i would like to learn more about how to calculate and use implied odds as part of my game.

D

doctor zver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YOU're talking about the potential pot odds? You need to learn to predict the actions of their opponents. This differs a good poker player from a bad one

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator