I'm a Rookie please help!

R

Rocky9812

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is 9-9 an all in hand? If so, in what position? And if not, why?

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is 9-9 an all in hand? If so, in what position? And if not, why?

Pre-flop I'm assuming; this really depends on a lot. In general, I'd say no. But that's just me. You have to consider that this is a middle pair; TT+ beats you right away, not to mention any combination of the broadway cards are dangerous to you. If you're totally new, I recommend the course offered here on CC. Take the time to really process what it teaches. Try things out. You'll get a feel for what's "right" for you.

Good luck! :cool:

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello this is a super vague question. You need more details poker is a complex game. Is in a mtt,stt or cash game your playing? What is your chip stack etc..

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I assume you are looking at 99 and wondering what to do at the pre flop stage of the game? I certainly wouldn't go all in with 99 but would call most raises they might have been bet.

A lot depends as well what type of game you are playing? Are you at a cash table and what is your bank if you lost, are you in a freeroll where your cost is 0 etc.

No doubt you can win with 99 against Ace chasers but if it was me I for sure wouldn't bet the ranch on 99/

GL !

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99 is a see the flop hand too many cards can take you out to risk an all-in shove

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends,,, :) Most times i would just call to see the flop,,,

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not pre-flop for me, but weather its profitable or not I'm not sure, My winrate be something like 18bb/100 at the lowest stakes and my red line be very bad, so possible I do need to 3bet / 4bet shove lighter to improve it but them maybe my blue line decreases. idk.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a very 'it depends' type of question and you won't get a really solid answer without more detail.

from any position, 99 can easily be a hand i get it all-in with preflop. at the same time, from any position, 99 might be a hand i'm happy to just fold, limp in, or call a raise with. it all depends on the situation.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends mostly on your stack and position. With 10 BB it's definitely all-in. With 15BB it's all in from early position, from late I would like to raise and play it on flop. With 50+BB I would limp this hand from early position and raise from late if I'm first to commit chips to the pot. With several limpers I would probably limp too. Whenever I limp I hope to hit a set and at least doble up. When I raise I want to win it on flop at the latest.