Nicebrew

Nicebrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello one and all!

Often in poker, one of our most powerful weapons, is the ability to pick up on our opponents weakness and capitalise on it.

But how is it you pick up on your own weakness? How do you identify and fix your own leaks?

Anyone have an actual method? Because I feel my skill level has reached a sort of plateau and I'd like to know what I can do to break it.

Nicebrew

D

De Burgermeester

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should analyse the hands you played. Discuss how you played it with other people or post it here on cards chat. Not just the hands you lost but any hand you were not sure about.
I think if you want to improve your poker skills thats one of the most important things to do and you will learn a lot from it.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Nicebrew and welcome to CC, and sorry if I missed your introduction. First of all, do you have any idea what your leaks are, so you can post them and get some advice? If so, pick one to work on and then go to another one. I had so many when I came here that I did not know what to do except ask questions, try to understand what I was being told, ask more questions if I did not, and take the advice to the tables, where you are going to learn the most. Take some baby steps, and play only what level your BR will allow is my advice to you, and GL to you.

B

butterstoch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no step by step method to pick on opponents weakness. sometimes the opponent feigns weakness while holding a really strong hand. there are patterns in play which you can observe and act upon. eg : a check on the turn can be indicative of a player who hasnt hit their card. you can observe that and act accordingly. this is just an example. collect such samples on player tendencies and you will be able to pick up weaknesses. some of it based on instinct as well.

2Pacavelli

2Pacavelli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good way to improve our weaknesses is carefully reviewing the hands we played through a session review, always reflecting if we could play in a different way.