Ideas to get out of a losing streak?

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me I have no choice but to keep playing until I get out of that bad streak.

make notes of which hand you lost, try to read about other poker articles, make a statistic to see which hands you were eliminated in and use the cardchat calculator to see the probabilities of winning and to know if you played correctly when eliminated.

:eek:

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing, stop playing for a while. Then come back with new positive energy and more study.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, analyze whether this is a bad streak or you make a lot of mistakes, because even preflop all in with QQ is sometimes a wrong game, but if there are no mistakes, then try to play less aggressively, play good hands, but do not become too predictable. Good luck:)

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking a break for 2 or 3 days and when you back again to play you will feel your mind free

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
losing streak

Hi, first you have to see if there is such a bad streak or if there are flaws and errors in the strategy, decisions. if everything is in order, you just have to be well mentalized and keep giving your best. regards

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest to take a few days of break to analyze your game and see if you’re doing the best decisions and then come back to play with a fresh mind.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing streak is just normal period of poker playing. If you want to become a good poker player, stop being results orientated and enjoy playing (yeah, easy to say haha).

I have faced many downswings, and I have lost hope many times. So I know what are we talking about.

Nowadays I don't have any serious downswings anymore. What I do is this - I have learned to play different formats of poker, profitably - I play mtt's, Holdem cash, sit and go's, spin and go's, heads up, PLO etc. I play only games I enjoy playing at that moment, and I lost my interest usually when I start losing money, then I just change game type. The most important thing is that I enjoy playing itself, not making money. It is actually opposite, when I make a lot of money, it makes me nervous. I get most of satisfaction of making improvements and achieve new things.

I hope this answer helped.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing streak

Losing in cards is a step backwards but down the road will make you a better and smarter player. One step back two steps forward I always say. Winning and losing comes with any game or sport it is how you deal with it. Take a break or slow down your play, Wait for a good flop, I do not go all in unless I am 100 per cent sure the pot is mine. There is no chance or fishing in my game. Your time will come just take it nine and easy. Capo1014

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general its good to play less, when you are in a downswing, and instead spend more time to go through some of your hands to see, if maybe there was something, you could have done better. Often a downswing start with running bad, but then it gets exacerbated by playing bad. Maybe we start to make wild bluffs or overplay made hands, because we are frustrated and just want to win a pot. Or maybe we start to play scared and miss obvious value bets, because we dont want to get raised yet again.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed, shift the focus to having fun, and the result will come back automatically. For me it also helps to stop playing poker for a while so that the mind is fresh again after a few days.

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some times you just have to play thought it .If you are doing every thing right then the luck of the other people will run out good luck

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think only time will help here. Who has the duration of this strip - in different ways.

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without knowing the game variant you are playing (NLH or Omaha, cash or MTTs) it is hard to be specific.

A few general tips would be:

- Move down in stakes until you regain some confidence (wins)
- Study your hands from recent losing sessions
- Study your hands from winning sessions and compare
- Post some of your hands to a study group/forum for feedback
- Read the 'Mental Game of Poker' books

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
take a break away from poker for awhile and then come back with a fresh start and try to play winning poker again.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to take a break than play further and know that you are shaking again.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with taking a break. A lot of the time a losing streak is caused by something bothering the player mentally.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Develop the acquired knowledge and not start a new strategy. Use the push board :)