Did I play this hand wrong?

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should have I played this hand differently to get the guy to fold? The check on the flop might have done me in.

Attachments

• record_000022_New.gif
    record_000022_New.gif
    553.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not because I think that if you had done nothing all in with pocket QQ, the player on the button would naturally matched. That's why I think we played well but in my opinion was very lucky the other.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were in your place, I would raise the villain raise preflop, maybe I would raise allin. If I had just paid in preflop, on the flop I would increase a lot to take value and not give odds to the villain to see for free more cards and be able to complete a flush, maybe I would raise allin. But for his stack and his cards, I believe that no way to won this hand, the villain are able to pay anything.

Anyway, you played well, unfortunately the river was bad for you, it's part of the game.

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you know you played it just fine. The button has picked up AQ on the big stack, but i don't like how he played. By the turn you've invested so much money it seems obvious you have a premium hand and he should have mucked his A high. In the long run, keep getting your money in good against calling stations who can't fold broadway cards and it will be massively profitable, you had him dead to 3 outs on the river.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played correctly, your opponent is not correctly played his hand and had to be reset. Just lucky he .tak happens, unfortunately.:dontknow::bawling:

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should shove preflop. QQ too strong to just call a 3-bet with 24bb left.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first question is, how much time did you spend with this opponent at the poker table? Did you understand his style of play? If he always wanted to look at the card on the river, it was necessary to raise the rate more aggressively!

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first question is, how much time did you spend with this opponent at the poker table? Did you understand his style of play? If he always wanted to look at the card on the river, it was necessary to raise the rate more aggressively!

I have to disagree, he managed to get his chips all-in with opponent drawn dead to 3 outs. He needed the double up too, as he had 6k chips and villain had 26k. The river suck out is just horrible luck.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to disagree, he managed to get his chips all-in with opponent drawn dead to 3 outs. He needed the double up too, as he had 6k chips and villain had 26k. The river suck out is just horrible luck.
Maybe you're right, many people have many versions of the game! It all depends on the fact how to react to every move the opponent! But I would advise you to play more aggressively and force your opponent to discard cards!!

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you're right, many people have many versions of the game! It all depends on the fact how to react to every move the opponent! But I would advise you to play more aggressively and force your opponent to discard cards!!

I think you're right. I probably should have shoved as soon as I saw the flop.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played correctly ...
The opponent just got lucky ...))
:top:

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played fine, he just ran you out. Happens to the best of us. would've been a monster pot for you if he didn't river you

T

Tiny Boost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove preflop if you don't have a shove fold chart get one you will feel more comfortable when playing MTTs or SNGs simplicity is best

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove preflop if you don't have a shove fold chart get one you will feel more comfortable when playing MTTs or SNGs simplicity is best
Shoving isn't always the answer - plus he played it fine he just got ran out, and assuming he did shove and got caught, the result would've been the same. He had enough chips to be able to play a few hands should he had been able to get away from this on the flop. Poker gods got him, not the play itself.

Shoving pre-flop with MTT's just because some chart tells you to is honestly dumb. I play MTT's both live and online regularly and if you did that at a live game you would be laughed out of the building.

T

Tiny Boost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your insight gabe he did play it fine they're are factors like if he was trying to balance his range but I like to play an unexplotative approach and put the villain to the test I wouldn't just shove QQ with like 30bbs or more but yes no matter what it's up to the poker gods he was probably calling a shove no matter what with AQ

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it well . You might haved tried going all in after the flop but I think he would have called anyway . That's just one of those hands that makes you say "that's poker".

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No the opponent just plays terrible and gets lucky

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all-in preflop, you could just dump it and take the blinds.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frank, you may be right in that the check post flop might have done you in but with A-Q and being the big stack he probably would have called/raised anything you threw out there. Unfortunately, you got ACR'ed on the river and that seems to happen a lot. I think you played it well.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands