I Need Help ASAP!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need help guys. I have one mental leak in my game whenever I am in pressure situations I think that the villian bluffs here when I know that they can't! Whenever I go into pressure situations I dont take time to think and play fast.

3 days back I was playing a tourney and decided to 4 bet A Tight guy who 3 bet me! I feel I get intimidated by a player if he plays good and I don't play comfortably against him as if i have ego problem.

This mental Leak has cost me many tournament cashes as I have busted near bubble and only mincashed in tourneys where I was chipleading.
The Worse happened Today where I qualified to a 100$ Buy in Event through satelite and there was 10k uptop, and after grinding for 5 Hours I was 3rd in chips and there were 32 remaining and 30 places were paid.

there was this player 2nd in chips who opened from BTN and I 3bet bluff him with 89o from BB, He called and flop came A52 I Cbet and He Folded. After Some Time I With 70BB Opened from CO with Q9 and same Guy 3 bet me 10x. I Super Quickly Thought that he was playing back at me and was bluffing so I without even thinking for More Than 3 Seconds decided to Jam 70 BB in his face with Q9 And He Called With AK And I busted on The Stone Bubble :(((((. I Would Really appreciate if u have any suggestions on how would I fix my mental trauma. I will be really gratefull!

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, here is just my honest opinion and I am sure someone a bit more qualified will reply and give figures or something to the play.

1) When you are playing near the money it is important to never get yourself into a situation that you are jamming your stack unless you are bottom stack. You need to play tight and reduce your range as the vast majority of players will be doing the same. Remember they are all there for as much time as you are and if it is hand for hand, unless you have absolute nuts or an amazing read on the player, fold it and let the others do the work. This is the period players play the tightest ranges and bluffing will get you in trouble (i know from experience)

2) If you find yourself in the situation of your mental leak, make yourself count to 5 seconds and really draw out the 5 seconds. One it makes you look more collected to the others but 2 you have now 5 seconds to rethink the strategy and if it is the right play. Never snap bet or shove unless you have the nuts and even then you should give pause to double check.

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I even know the opponent isn’t bluffing and still call or shove over the top

Consider running the time out every singe hand. Even for your basic moves.
Force yourself to slow down, and speak to yourself.

I just had 97s 34bb In EP
average on the table <12bb
Big blind has 64bb
Min open,
2bb stack calls
Big blind raises 6.xxbb
I said to myself that the big blind should shove against me before he raised and said to myself I should fold.
When he raised I shoved over the top,
Without even thinking or having another thought.
Kinda on the late reg bubble.
Knee jerk reaction.
Even if the bb didn’t have AK, it was terrible play.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are close to cashing there is no need to reverse plays or risk your tournament for 2 blinds, you learn from mistakes.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah. Make a note to yourself. If 5 hours into a game, you are 3rd in chips and 30 players paid and 32 remain, that you do not go up against a player with more chips than you. You wait until you are ITM. Only experience will teach you this.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've identified the issue and knowledge is power.

You improve your understanding by making mistakes, identifying what you did wrong and why, and correcting your issues.

I would take away the following lessons:

You seem to be rushing your decisions and this leads to very large errors. Take more time in tough spots or when risking large portions of your stack... review any bad decisions after the session.

More study needs to be done with bet-sizing (4-bet sizes especially) and understanding ICM / equity of your stack size.

Tight players aren't looking to fold good hands preflop - these are what they have been waiting for and you are making their lives easy by going all-in preflop on a bluff.

I don't understand the need to punish every bluff. If your opponent gets a few bluffs through this will keep them bluffing - you can get paid off in a multitude of ways.

Handling pressure comes with experience - play more tournaments, watch other MTT players on Twitch, watch final table replays on Youtube.

Hope this helps - good luck! :D