Can I increase my level of playing by playing conditional chips?

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I played two years only on conventional chips. After I started playing for money. It turned out all much more difficult))) Was it worth playing so long for free? Although, I at least understood the principles of the game ...

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course you will increase your level of play ,I just started playing with play chips and now sometimes I go to play money poker

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better to learn by playing freerolls. Players will play more realistically on freeroll tournaments. I play at Americas Cardroom and they have $10 freeroll tournaments starting about every hour. So you can learn better and have a shot at making some pocket change for real tables.

Does anyone know better places to play freerolls at?

J

jabuka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you transition to cash the game changes drastically. Sure, there are players that don't care about money but the majority does.
Those that do care will not do hero calls that will normally happen with play money

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is all a progression. For everyone it is different. Look forward and think about where to go now.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better to learn how to play freerolls. When you reach the final table or at least until the pre-final, then there will be a good game at the table. And as it seems to me, in freerolls you can learn much more than playing for conditional chips.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I started it 7 years ago from conventional chips :)
And now I'm already playing for money (and there are already good results, albeit minor ones)

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can. All types of games increase the your knowledge.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The main and obvious advantage of playing for play money - is the ability to play without the contribution of money. In the early stages of the game of poker it is very important because no one wants to become an easy target for the experienced players and losing money. In this case, the outcome of the game without money, but with real actors will bring results. Of course, to become a professional will not work - weak participants will be your opponents. But check out some strategy and learn the rules, you can start taking small stakes in cash games and develop the skills, but with stronger players.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the backflip is that these 2 years you may have developed some bad habits .. like 3 betting for play chips vs 3 betting the cash ... the ranges villains will call will be very different... Also blufs are nowhere near ...

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this is a great way to improve the game, if you have free time, you can learn to play free chips, or play a lot of freerolls to improve your playing skills and then go on to play good tournaments and cash games!

V

vlk2k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Better roll freerolls. More experience. Although the game of money is still very different.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never liked play money. Freerolls are better.

Poker Chips - History of Chips