I don't understand flush

I

igv007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I a quite new to poker and I do not understand when do I have a flush. Everywhere it says it is 5 suited cards but often I don't have a flush when I have 5 suited cards. For example is AQ543 suited flush or not and why?

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All diamonds, hearts, spades or clubs it's a flush.. then you win dependly on which cards you have in your hand..

If there're 3 diamonds cards on the board and you have 2 diamonds in your hand, you have a flush..

BUT WAiT.. there's more...

Youre opponent also has 2 diamonds cards in his hand...

You: J10
Vilain: 3-4

Board shows 5d-6d-Qd-brick-brick

You win with a flush J high..

Now You J10 of spades, vilain AK off with the K of spades..

Board shows 8s-As-5s-brick-2s

Vilain wins the hand with a flush, K high

Thinking about it, there's the Straight flush...

You : J10 of clubs
Vilain: 3-4 of clubs

Board shows: 5c-6c-brick-7c-brick

Vilain wins with a STRAIGHT SLUSH (3-4-5-6-7 of clubs vs you flush 5-6-7-10-J of clubs)

BUT WAiT.. there's... no that's about it!

Hope it helps!

-TRP-

Last edited:
I

igv007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay. But playing on pokerstars I had 5 suited cards many times and I lost against opponent with one or 2 pairs. Recently I had TK diamonds and cards came 2438 of diamonds and 8. However I lost against opponent with three of a kind Q8.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay. But playing on PokerStars I had 5 suited cards many times and I lost against opponent with one or 2 pairs. Recently I had TK diamonds and cards came 2438 of diamonds and 8. However I lost against opponent with three of a kind Q8.

It seems like you are mistaken lol, its not possible.

I

igv007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now i get it. I made a mistake by counting all red and black cards as of the same suit.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay. But playing on PokerStars I had 5 suited cards many times and I lost against opponent with one or 2 pairs. Recently I had TK diamonds and cards came 2438 of diamonds and 8. However I lost against opponent with three of a kind Q8.

are you playing with 2 or 4 color decks??

Sounds weird to my ears... I play pokerstars for years.. well I played years ago, I stopped for 6 years and came back 6 months agao and never heard of this.. I know that set/trips beat a straight in short deck but flush is the fourth strongest hand in short deck....

if you can, go in you history and share the hand.. if it's really the case, this is major bug you found and it needs to be reported to stArs management and security ASAP.

-TRP-

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, how can you be so wrong. When I started playing poker I didn’t know the combinations well. At first, I laid down a sheet of paper with written combinations. If it was incomprehensible to me or it seemed strange, I always looked for an answer on the Internet.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A full house beats a flush. If you have 5 diamonds and they have 3 queens and 2 5's you lose.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All red or all black is not a flush they have to all be the same suit and there are 4 suits.So you need 5 hearts 5 spades 5 clubs or 5 diamonds to make a flush.

hrheky.jpg

Last edited:
D

dungnc284

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to review poker knowledge

M

Muckutoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I a quite new to poker and I do not understand when do I have a flush. Everywhere it says it is 5 suited cards but often I don't have a flush when I have 5 suited cards. For example is AQ543 suited flush or not and why?
I am old, eyes aren’t the best, plus I usually play on my phone which has a small screen. Go to PokerStars settings and change to a 4 colour deck, it will help immensely with recognizing possible flush’s. Not only will you know easier that you have a flush, but if there are 3 of the same suit on the board, opponents may have hit the flush, and at least makes you think before making a quick call on a big bet

Full Flush Poker