Can I be fully bank rolled for limit 50 cent $1 with $500 as a bankroll?

J

jcrockoo7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I be fully Bank rolled for limit $0.50/ $1 with a $500 bank roll?

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. You should always have at least 20 buy-ins for any game. $100 NL ($1 BB games x 100 BB's = $100NL) you should have $2k as a roll. However, if you play tight and really smart you should be ok-ish, barring a black swan event.

If you are playing omaha, then definitely not. You should have closer to $3-$5k in roll.

You say limit...taking this as just saying what the limits are. If you are going to play limit poker than yes you have plenty-ish to last a while...however dont know of many limit games at those blinds, and you wont make much money either, and when you do it will take FOREVER! However, not a bad way to earn your site bonuses with very little risk, limit games tend to have higher rakes per hand on average which means more player points for you :)

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
It s just 5 full buyins at that level. not at all gd way to play . as our friend detroitjunkie said , you shd at least ve 20 buyins minimum to play the game.

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0,5/1 dollars is too high blinds for 500 dollars bankroll... It can destroy you very easily...

J

jcrockoo7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx for the advice

Thx to everyone for the advice.

J

jcrockoo7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you multi table on the Bovada Poker site step by step?

How do you multi table step by step on the bovada poker site?

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hay jcrockoo7 and welcome to Cardschat. Your question is a big one for you. BRM. So that's a damn good start for questions. I can be an example for you. I have a little over $500 on my best site. I play 10nl and no more than $5.50 buy in MTT's. By doing so, I have been able to win a little more than I lose and move up slowly. Do you mind if I ask you how much experience you have. Be good to know a little more about you. GL to you

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, technically yes. Granted i am out of touch with BRM for LIMIT holdem, I recall reading something a couple of years back indicating that 5-600BB is a sufficient br for LIMIT holdem. So while maybe not "fully bankrolled", which i guess you are referring to as a minimum br for the limit, if you have the skills to play that stake of LIMIT holdem then you should be ok on a 500$ br.

Edit: ok i guess when you mention limit you are probably referring to the limit of .5/1 so no on 500$ br you should probably stick to 25NL (.10/.25 blinds) or less to provide a 20 buyin BRM as a minimum, but in all honesty if your asking this question maybe you wanna be more conservative and stick with 10NL (.05/10 blinds) on the 500$ br to have a 50 buyin BRM and a lower ROR (risk of ruin). Obviously it all depends on your experience and skill in the game.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BluffMeAllIn is sure right. You have the BR for some level. Now like he said, we need to know your experience. We really would like to help. For sure, don't get out there deep before you know where you stand as a players. I would be a broke SOB if not for the members here at CC, because they have great advice, Remember no question is a dumb question. GL luck to you

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management