it's been about a year since i posted this thread and i thought i would review my goals, review my progress and make some new goals.... review:
1. stick with games i've had success with; i still will get lured into zoom.... i've almost kicked this habit.... been playing .25$ sngs... using BR mgmnt and comfortable losing .25$
2. i still study tonnes.... blogs, forums, re-read books, videos, etc....
3. i did find a buddy through this thread that i've corresponded with a few times. had a guy start at work recently who plays, so we chat a bit
4. i will review hands immediately after a hand or get a history sent to me to review what i could've done better. review some hand analysis on CC
5. fish icon; not sure the icon has disappeared, but my graph has improved in the last year. on sharkscope
, my graph went from a steep downward slope a year ago to a flattened out curve with even a slightly positive slope in my imaginary regression line.... i'm super happy with this. it shows a clear improvement and reminds me that i'm on the right track... i can't wait to see what it will look like in a year from now!!
some of the things i think that i have improved upon are bet sizing, reading the board, assigning a range and being stronger at folding.... and, most important, realizing the importance of position and being strict with the hands i open with.... still need to work on discipline a little.... and patieince... i am also getting better at repping certain hands, either weakness by slow-rolling or strength by cbetting... i feel like i'm thinking on the next level and not just playing my cards... or, at least making improvement
my goals for 2016:
- stick with the games i'm comfortable with, and with proper BR mgmnt, move up a level (or 2)
- continue to study more; study mtt strategy more
- make more contributions to CC to enjoy the freerolls
and build my poker-buddy network
- play more live games; i've only ever played live, like, 5 times... but, i know it's something i would enjoy. the legion has poker night mondays, so i think i'm gonna try to become a regular
- continue upon the lines that's brought me this little bit of success and work more on discipline and focus... and patience
i still play on my tablet
and don;t use a HUD.... i know people rave about this, but i'd rather learn poker without the crutch.... with talk of banning HUDs, i thik learning without will give me an advantage.. i also, do't really multi-table... i will play 2 .25$ tournaments at a time, but 2 tables isn't really multi-tabling
one of the things i like about this forum is that reading the posts give me some great advice and tips, but they also give me an insight into the minds of the fish.... i think a lot of ppl post some pretty fishy questions/comments etc and i am beginning to recognize this.... i also know a fishy play at the table and can identify the fish...
anyways, onwards and upwards.... so happy to see improvement and excited about the next year...
be cool scholars