Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I am by nature and perhaps by my age (58), quite conservative when it comes to poker.
I do not know if that is right or wrong but being like this allowed me in other times not to lose roulette and even get a few dollars (in fact we are, with an old friend spinner, putting together something to return, but that is not the subject of this forum and I will not debate about it).
Basically I play freerolls and sit and go nanolimits (cash still scares me and I play it very little).
My type of management is hyper conservative. For example to play sit and go of a table I have to have 200 buy in.
Another thing I do is if I play a sit and go of 0.20 +0.02 and lose it, it automatically goes down to recover 0.22 lost and 0.11 more.
This type of management I bring from my origins of roulette and my approach (for myself obviously, I do not pretend nor I am able to teach absolutely anything about poker) is that if with a management similar to this I could survive for quite some time and win a few dollars in a game of negative mathematical expectation such as roulette, maybe in poker it would give me good results, beyond the obvious differences between both games.

Well, I hope my newbie idea is understood.

Thanks for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it's great to hear how disciplined you are with your BRM.
And if you lose some, you will re-coup in another form.
You can always bounce back some $$ with freerolls.
I know it takes some time, but still, if you don't want to lose your own, hard earned cash, it's great opportunity to take and make some $$ from freerolls.
:)
What else can you lose with freerolls, beside some time :)

I wish you the best luck.

Greetings from Heidelberg, germany.
:)

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice discipline. If this system works for you, then great :) I consider myself being quite conservative as well, but not as quite than you. I only play tournaments when my bank roll is more than 100 buy ins higher. I also play the freerolls here on cardschat often. This works for me. Good luck!

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi everyone.

I am by nature and perhaps by my age (58), quite conservative when it comes to poker.
I do not know if that is right or wrong but being like this allowed me in other times not to lose roulette and even get a few dollars (in fact we are, with an old friend spinner, putting together something to return, but that is not the subject of this forum and I will not debate about it).
Basically I play freerolls and sit and go nanolimits (cash still scares me and I play it very little).
My type of management is hyper conservative. For example to play sit and go of a table I have to have 200 buy in.
Another thing I do is if I play a sit and go of 0.20 +0.02 and lose it, it automatically goes down to recover 0.22 lost and 0.11 more.
This type of management I bring from my origins of roulette and my approach (for myself obviously, I do not pretend nor I am able to teach absolutely anything about poker) is that if with a management similar to this I could survive for quite some time and win a few dollars in a game of negative mathematical expectation such as roulette, maybe in poker it would give me good results, beyond the obvious differences between both games.

Well, I hope my newbie idea is understood.

Impressive discipline. Perhaps a little too strict, but certainly better to have an overly tight BRM than to have an overly loose BRM and lose everything.

Good luck on the tables!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have any sort of ambitions in poker, you need to be willing to take some risks. For instance you cant be “scared of cash games”, because then you will never learn to play with a 100BB stack. But if poker is just a way to pass time and relax, then it is better to be conservative than to end up losing a lot of money.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends.

Thank you very much for your comments, advice and opinions.

As ever, it is a pleasure to share this space with you.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I do not see the tournaments of 0.02 profitable since by entry I think ps stays 0.01 if I am not mistaken. it is better to risk a little more, and if you are not sure, the bank with freerolls grows a little more and then the game begins.
Regards

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well for now if your happy that is awesome is nothing to fear in poker if you can honestly burn the money and it doesnt affect you based on your discipline etc.... id say that is a good rule its one of my main rules of brm....

i have a ton of rules i used to follow now i play poker as a passtime and for fun and the bank i use i can burn its that simple maybe one day i win nicely maybe never but i do enjoy self

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best BRM is in my opinion the awareness of knowing how much you can lose without it affecting your game.

At the same time, despite being your conservative approach admirable, being too conservative may slow your growth in the limits.

You could have a worse ROI but better income in a level higher than you are currently playing.

But if you play just for fun then no worries about my words :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think your bankroll management system is noteworthy. I also think it is always best to minimize the risk.
Good luck.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management